4

today was the day that i'm supposed to hang out with ethan. i'm highkey NERVOUS.

the clock ticked by faster than normal, leaving about 10 minutes left in class.

and let me tell you that time ticked by FAST. before i knew it the bell sounded, meaning it was time to leave.

"okay so we can talk about what we should do when we get to my car." i nod and follow him to his car.

as ethan and i walked to his car, we got so many stares. well i did.

i tried to brush it off as best as i could, so i looked down.

i saw ethan unlock his car indicating that i could get in. i put my bag in the backseat along with ethans, and clicked my seat belt on.

"where would you like to go?" he asked with a big smile. i paused to think about it. suddenly an idea came to my head

"have you ever been to the boardwalk?" i ask excitedly.

"yeah once or twice, you wanna go?" i nodded my head quickly and he chuckled putting the car in drive.

"you can play music if you want" he said handing my the cord.

i connected it to my phone, and started playing tame impala. the song that came on was lost in yesterday and i LOVED this song.

immediately i started singing the lyrics as i felt my energy skyrocket. this song fills my body with joy and excitement.

"EVENTUALLY TERRIBLE MEMORIES TURN INTO GREAT ONES" i sang along.

"SO IF THEY CALL YOU" ethan decided to join with the widest smile.

"EMBRACE THEM!" i closed my eyes feeling this enjoyable moment.

"IF THEY HOLD YOU" he continued.

"ERASE THEM!" i sang.

we both started laughing and singing the song. when it had ended, ethan turned down the music.

"i didn't know you like tame impala." he said.

"i LOVE tame impala. by far one of my favorite artist ever. and of course kid cudi, billie eilish, and khalid." i answered passionately. i had a love for music that no one really knew about. i loved to sing and really just let the music surge through my body.

"oh you mentioned cudi now you HAVE to play a song by him. he's my musical HERO." ethan gushed i smiled widely and played of my favorite songs of his.

the car was silent before kitchen started playing.

as soon as the first notes played, ethans eyes lit up. that was cute.

we both sang the whole song word for word.

"okay okay i get to pick the next song." ethan says.

"you like old school bruno mars right?" he asked. i nodded.

"play young wild girls" my eyes widened.

"SHUT UP I LOVE THAT SONG." i said excitedly. my fingers quickly tapped and searched the song on apple music.

i clicked it and impatiently waited for it to start playing. i loved to sing this song. the vocals are so beautiful and i want to be able to perfect them one day.

i had stage fright which prevented me from doing what i love; singing.

but with ethan i seemed to forget about it. i was waiting for my favorite part to come where i could just let go and connect with the music.

once the song started i began to sing but then stopped, feeling kinda of embarrassed until ethan spoke.

"no please don't stop singing, you have a beautiful voice." i blushed and chuckled.

"thank you" i said. the music kept lowly playing in the back.

"you could really go somewhere with that voice, i'm so serious." he encouraged.

"it's my dream to actually, but sadly it will stay a dream. i have the worst case of stage fright." i answered

"didn't seem like it two seconds ago." he smirked.

"because the volume was up and i forgot about it for once." i chuckled

a few songs later, we get out of the car and start walking to the boardwalk. it was by the shore, so it had a nice breeze.

"promise me you'll at least try to get through your stage fright. your voice belongs on a stage and in platinum albums." he stick out his pinky and i take a deep breath. i had so much fun singing in the car with ethan. it made me feel so alive.

i lock my pinky with his.

"promise"

——————-
A/N: this chapter makes me so soft