21

we both pull away, as fast might i add. i look at him with wide eyes and he does the same to me.

i don't think he knew he was gonna do that either.

"uh i- um" grayson stutters. we both soon realize that the room is silent and we feel eyes on us.

our heads slowly turn to face the rest of the people there and my eyes scan their expressions.

my eyes first run across hayes and ava and they're smiling at me.

next i see nate and nash holding their fists up to the mouths in shock.

the part i was dreading the most ran across my vision last making my nerves spike. stella softly smiles in my direction as ethan does the exact opposite.

his eyes are dark and his jaw is clenched. he look at me with a hard death glare. he thinks that i've been lying to his all the time.

"ethan no" i say grayson gets in front of me and pushes me behind him.

"bro it's not what it looks like." he finally speaks up.

ethan steps forwards closer to grayson. stella steps out from behind ethan and gently grabs his wrist. he looks down at her as leans up to whisper something in his ear.

he takes a deep breath and follows stella up the stairs and into ethans room. everyone awkwardly goes back to their own separate conversations and i turn to grayson.

"i'm sorry, i don't know why i did that. well- i guess i just felt that that you were gonna get the new years kiss you wanted really badly. i'm really sorry soph." grayson says with soft eyes.

"grayson it's okay. i don't mind. i'm just worried that ethan won't be so forgiving this time." i say half truthfully.

half.

half because i'm kind of lying. i'd be lying to myself if i said the only reason that i was worried was bc of ethans forgiveness.

i'm worried because i think i felt something when grayson kissed me. i'm not completely sure, it could've just been the moment but shit i'm so fucked.

"i uh- i'm gonna go. i'll text you later." i say. grayson hugs me and i leave. i really need to just be alone and think.

when i arrive home i'm quick to take a long shower. that's just the best place to think and be alone.

i have never in my time of knowing both of the twins ever felt anything for grayson. only ethan. i still do feel so much for ethan.

but when grayson kissed me, there may have been a tiny spark? i'm still not to sure what i felt because it was so off guard, but i sure as hell don't know what the fuck to do.

all i can do right now is go the fuck to sleep. so i get out of the shower and do just that.

the next morning i slowly wake up and in those first couple seconds it's blissful and calm.

until the events of last night ram into my brain reminding me of why i'm upset.

i unplug my phone from the charger and check the messages.

12 messages from gray
3 messages from stella
4 messages from hayes

stella- hey girl, are you okay?
stella- you seemed pretty shaken up last night.
stella- if you need someone to talk to you always have me💗

me- thanks stel. i don't know what's going rn and i was just in shock. but thanks for checking in. ily💗

hayes- hey soph are you good?
hayes- wait that was dumb of course you're not good
hayes- i'm worried about you sophia
hayes- i hope ur okay

me- thanks hayes
me- i'm okay i think. just confused.

and now it's time to open graysons messages. to say i was nervous was an understatement. i've never been nervous to talk to him or text him before so this is weird.

gray- hey
gray- look i'm so sorry
gray- i hope you're okay soph
gray- shit ur probably asleep rn
gray- goodnight pls text me in the morning
gray- morning soph
gray- damn it's 8 am you're definitely still sleeping
gray- ethan wont talk to me.
gray- idk what to do
gray- i messed up soph
gray- i'm sorry
gray- okay i'll leave u be now

me- grayson you don't have to apologize i swear i'm not angry with you. i'm sorry about ethan though. i'm worried about him.

gray- thank GOD
gray- me too. he left early this morning without a word. idk where he went but it's been hours.

me- should we look for him?

gray- if he doesn't come back by later today then yes. but i have a feeling he's at stellas.

me- okay. you mind if we meet up and talk? my thumbs are tired of typing

gray- sure mine or yours?

me- yours incase ethan doesn't come back

gray- okay see u in a bit

me- see ya

i get dressed and get into my car. i quickly speed off in the direction of the twins house. i don't know what the fuck i'm gonna say or do but here goes nothing.

———
A/N: HI this is lowkey a filler to build up for the next part of the plot.