50

-tame impala day-

it's been some time, and ethan and i have been better than ever. we resumed our relationship and we've been going so smoothly.

i haven't remembered every single thing yet, but it's starting to come back.

today ethan and i are spending the whole day together.

first we're going down to the park to swing, then going to eat, and then getting ready for the concert.

"can you tell me more stories? i want to remember more" i ask ethan. he nods as we lightly swing.

"the last time you and i were sitting here on these exact swings i asked you to move to la with me after this year ends" he says quietly hanging his head low.

"did i say yes?" i ask.

"yes and no. we had a huge fight over it and i think we broke up? i'm still not sure what that was." he said.

"wait wait i remember being super stressed an upset about something after prom. was that it?" i asked

"probably. you said you need time to think because you didn't want to just pick up and leave everything again." i nod my head understanding my thinking.

"well, i guess i wasn't accounting for the fact that i have no one but you and grayson. so there's really nothing to leave if i go with you. the only thing i would be leaving is public school and i'm pretty sure i can get my GED and be done. maybe even apply to UCLA." i say.

"you mean it? you wanna move with me in june?" i nod and smile.

he smashes his lips to mine and i giggle.

"i don't know what it is but there's just a feeling that's telling me there's no other choice but to go" i say.

-
later that night.

"okay you ready?" i ask walking out of ethans room.

"yep!" he says before turning around. "you look beautiful" he says snaking his hands around my waist. i smile.

"thank you baby, you don't look too bad yourself." i say. he smiles and places his lips on mine for a sweet long lasting kiss.

"as much as i love kissing you, we'd better get going." i say. he nods and we walk out to the car.

he hands me the aux cord and i smile taking it from him. it feels so good to be able to remember.

i play my tame impala playlist and get even more excited.

-

"found them!" ethan says talking about our seats.

you can see the stage, and we're pretty far down.

"ethan how in the HELL did you get these seats they're actually so good" i say in awe.

"i don't even know. i just got lucky." he says.

we both sat down and waited for the concert to start.

luckily, we got there at a good time, and it started 10 minutes after we sat down. the person who opened for tame started to play, and it only got me more excited for tame to come out.

once he did i started of course fangirling and screaming at the top of my lungs. ethan chuckled and i jumped up and down.

he started with one more year and ethan and i sang along.

he played through the set list, never failing to play my favorites, until he got to the one.

my all time favorite song. the one song i prayed he would play. one of the reason ethan even got me these tickets.

as soon as the first note played, my heart stopped. i knew exactly what it was.

i grabbed ethans arm and looked at him with my eyes wide in shock.

i felt my eyes well up with tears and ethan pulled me into a hug.

"WHEN WE WERE LIVING IS SQUALOR WASNT IT HEAVEN?" i sang at the top of my lungs.

ethan tunes me around so that i was facing the stage and he was hugging me from behind.

"BACK WHEN WE USED TO GET ON IT FOUR OUT OF SEVEN." ethan and i sang and he swayed us side to side.

"NO EVEN THOUGH THAT WAS A TIME I HATED FROM DAY ONE" tames voice filled the arena and i just felt so at peace.

"EVENTUALLY TERRIBLE MEMORIES TURN INTO GREAT ONES." ethan turned me around to face him.

"SO IF THE CALL YOU, EMBRACE THEM!" we both jumped up and down holding hands.

"AND IF THE HOLD YOU, ERASE THEM!"

the song played through and i was having the best time of my life. i felt the tears fall and let them.

pure bliss and happiness. everything i ever wanted. to be here, listening to my favorite song ever, and having ethan here to share the moment with.

towards the end of the song, ethan pulled me close.

"i love you saint sophia parker." he says loud enough for me to hear. tears still spill out of my eyes in happiness as i kiss him.

"embrace it yeah" tame sings as ethan and i kiss.

there is no better place or time than this. this is it. this is the best moment of my life so far.

———
A/N: this part was based off of my love for tame impala and i was supposed to go to his concert in june. i got the tickets for my birthday, and i've been looking forward to going and hearing lost in yesterday for MONTHS. and because of corona i won't be able to see him.

i'm genuinely so upset about it too.

vote pls.