28

about a month since grayson and sophia broke up.

"how about this top?" i say holding the small white halter top to my chest. ethan looks at it and thinks.

"put it on with the ripped jean shorts you have." he says pointing to the shorts in my hand. i nod and head to the dressing rooms with him.

i enter a room and close the curtain. ethan waits on the bench for me to finish. when i come out i show him the outfit. "is this good?" i ask.

^the outfit

^the outfit.

ethans eyes widen and he swallows.

"uh wow" he says.

"good wow or bad wow?" i say now getting worried.

"good wow, you look amazing." he compliments i blush and turn to look in the mirror.

" okay then this is my fit for the concert" i say excitedly.

he picked out his outfit as well and we paid and left.

(A/N: he's so hot

(A/N: he's so hot.)

we leave the mall and rive home blasting tame impala and kid cudi.

it feels so good to be able to get back to the old us. we're we would listen to music and take long car rides. i missed this so much.

"okay so now what would you like to do?" he asks. i turn my head to the window and think.

"ummm how abouttttt" i pause still thinking. "how about we go down to the beach with a couple blankets and just talk." i say.

"that sounds nice, actually." he agrees. we quickly stop at his house to grab blankets and some snacks before heading to the beach.

it was about 7pm and it was starting to get dark.

"e the sunset!" i say getting excited. i remember both of us liked watching the sunset and talking. again- i MISSED that.

we set our stuff down and wrap up in blankets. shorelines one new jersey are pretty year-round but it's cold as FUCK today.

the blankets ends up not keeping me warm enough and i shiver. "still not warm?" ethan asks and i shake my head.

"here." he says softly and wraps an arm around me, taking the blanket with him, wrapping us both in his blanket. i immediately feel my cheeks heat up with a blush and butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"thanks eth" i say quietly resting my head on his shoulder.

"no problem." he says.

we both hold a light conversation, pausing here and there to take in the comfortable silence. i like him a whole hell of a lot and this situation is just making my feelings soar.

this might not be such a good idea since i don't know if he feels the same.

soon ethan starts up another conversation, this time about the cudi concert that was in two days.

"i still can't thank you enough for those tickets soph." he says.

"you're welcome e" i say looking up at him. for a second i thought maybe just maybe he wanted to kiss my just as much as i wanted to kiss him. but i looked down and back out at the ocean.

the sun was pretty much completely set by now and all that was left was looking at the stars.

"you know, i really missed this." i say breaking the silence once again.

"i did too. for a good while there, i thought i lost my bestfriend." he said.

"you never lost me and you never will" i say looking into his eyes. he looks like he's hesitant to speak but opens his mouth anyway. the words are about to come out when my phone starts to ring.

damn it.

i groan and pink my phone up. it's....my dad?

i haven't spoken to him in months...

"hello?" i ask confused.

——
A/N: oops my brain came up with another twist tehe stay tuned for the next chapter today