13

after i dropped gray back off at his house last night, i went home and wasn't able to sleep. there was only one thing left on my mind.

ethan.

i woke up late today, not really caring if i was late to class or not. my feet carried me over to my calendar, where i grabbed a marker and marked off the day.

i never do this normally but i'm basically counting down the days until the tame impala concert. i sigh and walk over to my closet.

i decide to just go casual and wear leggings and a hoodie. it's cold outside and i'm lazy.

i don't really care much about getting breakfast so i decide that i'll just grab a granola bar and go. i hop in my car, and drive off to school.

once i had parked my car i finally checked my phone. of course the twins were blowing my phone up.

ethan- sophhhhh
ethan- where r u
ethan- :(
ethan- r u okay?

grayson- r u here?
grayson- sophiaaaaa
grayson- hellooooo
grayson- ok i'll stop :(

i respond to ethan first, then grayson. my feet guide me towards the entrance of the school. i open the door and head to the attendance office to get signed in. my dad won't give a shit that i'm late because i haven't spoken to him in a month. he's just never home.

he gets groceries every weekend after work and then goes straight to bed, only to get up early in the morning before i'm awake and go right back to the hospital.

im taken out of my thoughts when i see the familiar door appear, meaning i've arrived at my class. my fingers wrap around the handle and open the door.

a few heads turn, including ethans, but i don't really pay much attention. the teacher takes my slip of paper, and i go sit in my seat next to ethan.

"you finally showed up, huh?" he whispers with a quiet chuckle.

"sadly, i did." i whisper back with a small sigh.

"are you okay?" ethan asks noticing my tiredness.

"yeah, i just didn't get much sleep last night. my mind was running marathons for no reason." i say calmly.

lie.

there was a reason.

most definitely couldn't get YOU off my mind broski.

"oh, well i'm sorry soph. if you want, you can come over after school and i'll do that thing where i play with your hair that you always say makes you super sleepy." he smiles at me. i cant help but smile at him.

"might just have to take you up on the offer." i say.

"so i'll take youto my house and drop you back off here to get your car?" he asks. i nod and smile at him.

the rest of the class period is pretty boring with the exception of the occasional conversation between ethan and i.

when the bell rings ethan and i both gather our stuff and leave the room talking. we turn the corner and walk down the long hallway still in a conversation when we get interrupted.

"hey ethy" melody says looking at him.

well okay i guess i'm not here. she doesn't even glance in my direction, purposely meaning to exclude me. i take this as my que to leave, and i continue to walk to my next class alone.

good thing though, i have this class with grayson. i just hope he doesn't press the situation of me and ethan and my feelings.

i walk into the classroom and look around to see if grayson was here already. he wasn't, so i took a seat in my seat which was next to graysons, and waited.

i was scrolling through instagram when i feel someone take a seat next to me. my head shifts over to look and i'm met with grayson. a smile takes shape on my face.

"hey gray" i say.

"hey soph" he says back. "where were you this morning?" he asks.

"i could barely sleep last night, so i woke up late." i said trying to gloss over it as best as i could.

"ohhh. is it.." he pauses hinting to the conversation we had last night.

"uh-yeah." i say clearing my throat.

"it's gonna be okay soph. what's meant to be will happen." he says. i smile at him and he opens his arms for a hug. i accept and hug him back.

"i know, it's just- i shouldn't feel this way. i feel stupid because i know he doesn't feel the same. he's so into melody." i say. grayson frowns and looks at me.

"it sucks, really. i don't get good vibes from her, but i don't want to poke my nose where it doesn't belong." he explains.

"i don't either to be honest. after 2nd period ethan and i were talking in hall and she came up completely ignoring my presence. ethan didn't notice it but i don't blame him." i agreed.

grayson and i continue to talk and do the worksheet assigned to us from out teacher.

———

7th period. the last period of the day. there was 5 minutes left and i was so ready to chill and hang out with ethan.

my phone buzzes and i immediately go to check it.

hahaha mood = ruined

ethan- hey soph i'm really sorry but melody wants me to go to the mall with her after school. can we maybe hang tomorrow instead?

me- yeah sure, no worries. have fun

ethan- thank youuu

i cant help but be a little sad.

once the bell rings, i get up out of my seat and walk to my car. but to my surprise grayson is already standing there?

"gray?" i ask confused.

"ethan ditched you for melibitch SO you and i will have fun instead." he said, causing me to smile.

"sounds great, are we taking your car or mine?" i ask.

"well considering you drove last time i think it's my turn to drive you." he chuckles. i nod my head and we start walking to his car.

grayson parks right next to ethan of course so we have to pass ethans car to get to graysons.

unlucky if you ask me. because now i get to displeasure of seeing ethan and melody playing tonsil hockey. oh fun.

i look away and get into graysons car.

"you up for a game of buy or dare?" grayson asks with a devilish smirk.

"oh your ON." i challenge.

———-
A/N: HI so incase you don't know what buy or dare is, its a game you play at a mall. someone dares the other person to do something and if they can't do it or refuse to then they have to buy that person something in that store.

it's a fun game actually LMAO.