14. Telling them everything.

When I opened my eyes, I was confused. I felt arms holding me tightly around my waist and I realized that I was holding someone to my chest. A shaking someone. When I look down, I see a mix of red and white and soon realize that Shoto was holding on to me for dear life.

"Shoto? Wake up."

I didn't get a response. So, I decided to rub his back.

"Come on, Shoto. It's just a bad dream. Wake up."

With a shock the boy pulls away from me and looks up at me with wide eyes. He looked so young and so innocent...

"Miki?"

I pull him back against me and continue to rub his back.

"Calm down Shoto. Bad dreams happen to everyone. Want to talk about it?"

He shakes his head and wraps his arms around me once again.

"Thank you. For waking me up."

"That's okay. It's nothing special after all."

"Still, thank you."

"You're welcome, Shoto. We still have some hours of sleep left. Want my help?"

He nods, never removing his head from my chest, but I didn't mind. I move my hand up in his hair and massage his scalp while I hum a soft tune. Soon his breaths become deeper and slower. He is fast asleep. I follow soon after.

The next time I open my eyes, Shoto is already awake. He's looking at his phone and when I look closer, I notice it was a picture of his siblings. All of them.

His eyes move over to look at me and he puts his phone away.

"Morning, Miki."

"Morning, Shoto."

"I'm sorry for waking you with that nightmare..."

"And I'm sorry for having that panic attack last night. I guess we're even now."

He smiled softly and kicked his blankets off of him.

"Mind getting up so I can get dressed?"

"What? Can't climb over me?"

"That's inappropriate."

I smirk at him and just lay there, teasing him.

"Is this what you're like with Bakugo?"

"I'm way worse with him."

"Poor guy..."

"Hey!"

He chuckles and hovers over me, trying to get out of the bed. His face is only an inch away from mine and I lean up to peck his cheek. He freezes and looks at me with wide eyes.

"What? Get a move on and get off me."

He doesn't speak and his eyes turn dull as he gets up and stands beside the bed, looking down at me.

"Ehm, Shoto? You're freaking me out, here..."

He shook his head and emotions returned to his eyes.

"What did you do?"

"Me? I didn't do anything! I just wanted to tease you some more and kissed your cheek. Then YOU turned into a living doll."

"You definitely did something. Maybe it's something about your quirk you're not aware of?"

"Great... more ways for me to fuck up other people their lives..."

I drop my head on the pillow before closing my eyes for a second. When I open them again, I yelp when I find him leaning over me once more. This time he is still standing beside me.