22. Matchmaking.

I had to spend extra time in the hospital. Apparently, my injuries were one of the worst and the doctors were planning on performing multiple surgeries on me. Thankfully, I have a little angel watching me that made all of that planning go to waste.

Seems like someone informed Eri on what exactly her quirk can do as she spent all of yesterday in my room trying to 'rewind' me to before the wounds. She couldn't do it and ended up crying as the doctors took her back to her own room. Poor thing...

She must have done something in the night though, because when I woke up the next morning, I noticed an immense lack of pain in my leg and arms. All the scrapes and bruises were also gone. So, I immediately called a nurse, who called a doctor. The doc gave me a checkup and came to the conclusion that I was miraculously healed. Yay~

That's how I ended up in front of Eri's room with a bag full of lollypops in my hand. I knocked on the door and she told me to enter. Her eyes went wide as she saw me casually walk in.

"Tell me honestly Eri, did you sleep at all last night?"

Her cheeks became flushed as she shook her head. Busted.

I sit down on the edge of her bed and hand her the bag.

"This is a little thank you. For helping me heal."

"No, this was my thank you for being kind to me and saving me."

I lift my hand and ruffle her long, messy hair.

"You are a kid that's worth saving. All the pain I went through was worth it. I would do it all again. Chisaki put the idea in your head that suffering is only bad. But sometimes you have to suffer through things just to come out stronger. Every single person that got hurt during that battle got out stronger. Sure, some are still hurt and hospitalized but their spirits all got a boost just from knowing that the mission was a success. Chisaki is caught and you are safe."

Tears run down her tiny cheeks and I wipe them away.

"Why are you crying?"

"It's just... I'm just afraid that I'll wake up in that chair and that everything was a dream."

I pull her against my chest and let her sob against me. The door opens not even a second later and Mirio steps through. The big smile on his face falls when he notices that she is crying.

"Eri? What is wrong?"

"She's afraid that she's dreaming and that she'll wake up in that hideout again."

The big guy sits down beside me and pulls her from my chest into his strong arms.

"Do you notice how perfectly well you fit in my arms? If you happen to wake up in that hideout again, I'll come and rescue you again. As many times as it takes, I'll lift you with these arms of mine and pull you from that awful place."

This made the small girl cry even more but we let her. Mirio was holding her tightly while I was rubbing her back.

"Eri, we'll both come and safe you again. That's a promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I made my way back to the dorms and looked up at the large building. Never thought I'd miss this place. Mirio is standing by my side and I turn on my heel to face him. Time to make my favorite couple reality. Or, at least I can try...

"Senpai, let me be blunt."

"Oh? I like that attitude."

"What are your feelings for Amajiki?"