31. Kaminari Denki.

Kaminari Denki... The person who has been on my mind all night. It has been driving me crazy. Why did Hitoshi call him 'they'? Is he afraid of admitting that he likes a guy? Or is it something else? Knowing him there is probably another reason.

This is how I find myself getting a cup of tea in the middle of the night. What I didn't expect was to find Stain at the bar having a cup of coffee.

"Oh, hello Chizome."

"Miki... What are you doing? Why are you awake?"

"Just... thoughts keeping me up. It's something stupid really."

"I see."

"What about you?"

I take the seat beside him and glance at the book that's closed in front of him. It's a romcom... not what I was expecting him to read.

"I never sleep much."

"Is there a reason for that?"

"Just... old habits."

"You won't grow old like this, you know? I told you before, I need you. Can't have you die on me now."

"Staying up one night isn't going to kill me."

"When was the last time you had a proper night's rest?"

"..."

"Can't even answer me, huh?"

"It's none of your business."

"It is. You are my problem now and that includes your health."

"Fine... what will you have me do then?"

"Come with me."

He complies and walks with me to his room. I enter without hesitating and sit down at the edge of his bed.

"Lay down."

"What will you do? Read me to sleep like a mom?"

"No. I'll sing you to sleep like a mom."

His gaze turns into a glare as he remains standing in front of me.

"You think this is funny?"

"It seems that you're not fully aware about what my quirk can do. Now lay down before I'll use it while you're still standing."

He finally lays down and I take his hand in mine while softly humming. He grumbles some complains but soon he is fast asleep. With this distraction gone my mind wanders to Denki once more as I exit his room. I guess that I'll be the sleepless one tonight...

~~~~~~

It's around 2am when my phone lights up. It's a text from Tomura and my heart skips a beat.

Please tell me you're still awake.

I don't even text him back. I just run to the door that separates the dorm from the agency and slap a note on it saying that I'll be back before rushing into the shadows.

Tomura's state shocks me as he is badly beaten and leaning against a rock for support. I don't remember him being this beaten in the manga...

The leaves under my feet crunch as I walk on them and Tomura snaps around to look at me. His phone is still in his hand, seems like he was waiting for a reply.

"Just what happened to you..."

"I lost focus... this is only one punch actually hitting me."

I rush over to him and reach into a nearby shadow for my first aid kit. I made sure that I have a box with things like these in my room. No light can enter and that means that I can reach into it just by sticking my arm into a shadow. Seems like it was the right choice to make this box.