16. Hero exam.

Everybody turns to look over at the boy who is considered to be extra in everything he does. Yoarashi Inasa is his name. His bow makes me gulp and Katsuki clearly doesn't miss the expression of fear that flashes across on my face.

"You okay? He evil or something?"

"Evil? No... never mind. Speaking of idiots..."

I look around and notice Ms. Joke walking up to us. Aizawa looks in my direction and I signal to him to look her direction. He glances her way and his expression shows nothing but annoyance. Yet he turns her way and their conversation starts.

"Marry me!"

"No."

I turn my attention to the walking vibrator and smirk softly. This too, didn't go unnoticed by Katsuki.

"Not afraid of him, huh?"

"No, as long as I can find a shadow, I'll be untouchable. His ego is in the way. Besides, he has his eyes on Izuku."

"Not going to warn him?"

"No, he'll be just fine."

Shindo finished his talk with Izuku before walking over to Katsuki and me.

"Now, you are a face I'm unfamiliar with. I'm Shindo Yo, it's a pleasure meeting you..."

"I won't tell you my name. Now go away, walking vibrator."

His smile falls from his face and Katsuki puts an arm around my shoulders in a protective manner.

"How do you know about my quirk?"

"That's my secret to keep. Hey Kat, I'll be right back."

I pull away from Katsuki and make my way to Izuku. Behind me I can hear Katsuki telling Shindo to fuck off. What a lovely sound.

"Midoriya, can we talk for a second?"

He nods and walks away with me till we're out of earshot from the others.

"I'm going to make a small change. Aoyama is supposed to be the last person to pass. With me in the race that could just mean that he would not pass. I'm going to give him a little 'advice'. You agree with that one?"

"He is supposed to pass?"

"Yes."

"Then I agree."

I nod and slowly walk away towards Yuga.

"Hey Miki!"

I stop walking and look at Izuku over my shoulder.

"Thanks for coming to me."

I give him a thumbs up before continuing my way to Yuga. Sparkle Boy just has a smile on his face and waves at me. 

"Hey Aoyama, I have something to tell you."

I lean to his ear and he tenses slightly.

"Yuga, don't lose hope when things seem down. The moment you meet up with Iida, shoot your laser in the sky. You'll be surprised by what will happen. Don't hesitate for even a second, okay?"

I pull away from him and give him a quick wink before making my way back to Katsuki.

"What was all that about?"

"Nothing much. Just making sure that things continue the way they are supposed to go."

I take Katsuki's hand and pull him into the arena. We're not here to play around after all.