29. Recruitment.

Apparently being a fully licensed hero doesn't mean that I'm done with school... this blows!

Since I don't want to destroy my new uniform, I take an old sweater and cut two holes in the back before putting it on. These wings sure are annoying if you're not used to them.

I make my way to class with an annoying blonde following after me.

"Miki, give it back."

I completely ignore him and sit down at my desk, playing music through my headset so I can't hear the hero that's standing beside me, still nagging me.

Everybody in the class ignores us, afraid to piss me off again. They never saw me snap like I did yesterday, so I don't blame them for being distant from me. I'm only worried about Shoto. The boy is sitting at his desk but that is all. He is physically present but mentally? He is completely absent. I mean, he just found out the identity of his brother. And not exactly in the best way possible.

Aizawa enters the class and raises an eyebrow at the hero beside me. He groans loudly as he notices the wings sticking out from my back.

"Miki... what did you do?"

I take my headset off and smile at him.

"Well you see... A certain number two hero needs to learn a little lesson on secret keeping."

"And this is how you're teaching him?"

"Yep!"

"Then do it somewhere else... You have your license anyway. Get out of here."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, don't you have a meeting with Tsukauchi?"

"Yes..."

"Then go. He doesn't have anything planned this morning so if you call him then I'm sure that he can meet with you right now."

I nod and get my stuff together while inwardly smirking at how Aizawa completely ignored Hawks' pleas for his help. I grab my phone and make a quick phone call to my favorite police officer. He says that it's okay for me to head over and I send Hawks a smirk before running into a shadow, leaving him behind in the middle of the classroom. Still quirkless, mind you.

Tsukauchi raises an eyebrow as I stand before him, my wings still hanging from my back.

"Something wrong?"

"Are those... Hawks' wings?"

"Yeah... long story short, he pissed me off and to teach him a lesson I decided to take his quirk for a day. I know... it's childish but... No, never mind, I don't have a decent excuse..."

He chuckles before pointing to the chairs that are in his office.

"Let's sit and then we can discuss who you want to start with."

I do as he asks and sit sideways to give my wings all the space they need. I hand him my little list with criminals I want to recruit and he raises an eyebrow at some of the names.

"Are you sure? Some of these are really dangerous and Kurogiri is still part of an ongoing investigation. I can't release him."

"That's why I added the question marks."

"I see. Well, since you're early I think I can give you 3 people to talk to. For today, I mean."

"3 people, huh? If they sign the contract, then does that mean that I can take them with me right away?"

"No. First all the paperwork has to be done. That will take a couple of days. And even then... do you have a place for them to stay?"

"Ah... Seems like I need to hop by the Safety Committee after this."