19. Hero meeting.

The day finally arrived. The day where Eri would meet Izuku. I spend breakfast with Eri but made sure that I wasn't around her after that. Though I didn't leave her without encouraging her to escape if she would find a chance to do so. She looked confused but nodded anyway. 

I was having a cup of tea with Cronos when Overhaul rushed out of his office and past us. He was mumbling curse words plus Eri's name. We exchanged glances before I jogged after the tall male, excusing myself. Soon we left the hideout and were inside an alleyway that ended in a busy street. I could already hear Izuku's voice as he was talking to Eri.

Overhaul stepped into the daylight, meeting the two newbie heroes.

"I'm sorry about my daughter. She's been horsing around too much so she's a bit scraped up. Worries me sick."

Izuku looked shocked but Mirio quickly covered his face with his mask. Eri was clinging to Izuku for dear life. I can't help but to feel sorry for the girl. 

I was so focused on Eri that I missed a big part of the conversation. When I tuned back in Mirio was already trying to walk away while Izuku refused to let Eri go.

"Your daughter, she seems scared."

"Because I just scolded her."

"But I can't say these are the kind of bandages you'd get from 'too much horsing around'."

"She falls down a lot."

Izuku was about to open his mouth but I decided to step in.

"Eri? You had me worried, sweetie."

Eri snapped her head from Izuku's chest and looked at me with terrified eyes. Terrified for my future but Izuku mistook it for fear of me. He pulled her closer against his chest. In return Overhaul wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close to him. When did he take off his glove? Aw man... Fuck.

Eri gasped softly and tried to pull away from Izuku but I just smiled at her.

"Why so afraid Eri? Your father and I are good friends, right Chisaki?"

"Right."

His hand was resting on my bare arm and I let him. Can't show any fear now.

"Miki... Long time no see."

"It's only been a few days Izuku, what are you talking about? Tell me, has Katsuki lost his shit yet?"

A wicked grin formed on my lips that made Eri shiver and Izuku shake in anger. Yes, be mad at me and forget about Eri so she can slip away from you. 

"How is Shoto taking my goodbye?"

Indeed, his grip loosened around her and she ran up to me. I pushed Overhauls' arm away and picked her up in my arms. Izuku looked at her with shocked eyes, forgetting about his anger for me.

"Pleasure meeting you, senpai."

I nod my head at Mirio before blowing a kiss at Izuku and walking back into the alleyway. Overhaul followed soon after.

"Wait, Miki!"

Izuku followed us into the alleyway and I stopped walking to turn to him.

"Yes?"

"Why would you leave us like that?"

"Have you seen your own attitude? Honestly... Katsuki never had time to spend with me since he and Kiri became a thing! Aizawa was busy with teaching Shinsou. So again, two people who don't have time for me! Shoto only wanted to spend time with me because I was a new toy! A new thing to discover! Do you have any idea how lonely I was?! And then you keep yelling at me that I'll be a villain in the end anyway. Maybe you're right. I'll become the bad guy this time."