18. Eri.

I spend every minute with the little girl until she was asleep. She played some more with my hair but only when I wasn't in my own body. Seems like that made her feel saver.

I slowly exit her room and almost run into a big guy known as Rappa. Please don't pick a fight with me...

"Kids asleep? Let's fight."

"No thanks. I'm more the sneaky type then the fighting type."

"Really? That's a shame... I'll take you to where everyone else is and then the boss will decide your fate."

I smile up at him and nod. He walks away and I follow after him. I actually have to jog to keep up with him. We enter a big room where all the bullets are huddled together. Overhaul is sitting on a chair in front of a screen. On the screen is Eri's room.

"Miki was your name, right?"

"That's what I go by, yes."

He gets off his chair and makes his way over to me with a mask in his hands.

"Wear this and become something to be used by me."

I slowly push his hand away.

"No thanks. I prefer to be my own person. Like I said before, I'm trying to help the girl get better experiences. I'm not here for you."

"Then you are a risky factor."

"I am aware. What will you do? Kill me?"

Our eyes meet and he seems to be frozen in place for a couple of seconds.

"Your eyes are so... intense, no... passionate. You won't do anything to harm the girl."

He throws the mask across the room but never breaks eye contact. He slowly reaches his hand out to me, but I grab his wrist. He is not wearing his gloves.

"Eri worked really hard on making my hair look like this. Please don't use your quirk on me. If you want to kill me, you should let me say goodbye to her first. That way she won't be as upset."

"I wasn't planning on using my quirk on you."

I release his wrist and he places his hand in my hair, playing with a small braid.

"It's the first time she's playing. You're good for her. You said that I'll need a new caretaker for her soon? You're hired."

"What about the meanwhile?"

"Visit her as a friend. Make her trust you. That will make everything easier in the end."

He pulls his hand back and puts his gloves back on. Meanwhile I look around at everyone in the room and bow politely.

"Please take care of me while I'm working here."

"Hey girly, want to have a drink with me?"

"Sure, why not."

A can of beer was tossed at me and I smoothly caught it, demonstrating my reflexes. Deidoro grinned at me as he chugged his drink down. I chug my own beer and sit down on the table he is sitting at.

"Come on, old man. That all you've got?"

He started laughing and soon a couple others were laughing and drinking with us. Maybe these people aren't as bad as I thought. No matter how much I drank, I was always aware of Overhauls eyes on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I brought Eri her breakfast. She didn't want to eat but I stayed with her until she was done. I didn't care that it took me 1,5 hours.