24. Festival pt.1

Sunlight slips underneath the curtain but it's not enough to wake me and Kat. Though it seems to be enough to wake Kiri. The boy moves away from me and pulls me so I'm lying on my back. My eyes slowly open and I smile softly at him, though it quickly falls when he doesn't smile back.

"Kiri? Why the serious face?"

"I heard you two talk last night."

He moves so he's pinning my down, making sure that he's grabbing my wrists instead of my hands. I still have Kat's quirk after all.

"What did you hear exactly?"

"You're going to do something stupid again. Explain."

"Fuck... I, ehm, well, I..."

"So, you were awake after all, huh, shitty hair?"

We both turn our heads to look at Katsuki. Thankfully Katsuki is the perfect distraction if it comes down to Kiri's attention span.

"You knew he was awake?!"

"Well, he's not a deep sleeper. None of us are, actually."

"And you let me talk about that stuff?! You little fucker!"

"Damn, I really think that your quirk impacts your character. You are calm while she is pissed."

"Huh, you're right. Let's test it for the rest of the day. See if people will notice."

"You want me to keep your quirk?"

"Just till lunch. I want to know what will happen."

Katsuki actually chuckles like a child pulling a prank. You've got to be kidding me!

"Fucking fine. Get off me, Kiri. I've got to get ready for class!"

I shove the boy off me, so he ends up lying on Kat's stomach before leaving the room. I've never been a morning person but now I'm just pissed. So pissed that I explode the door when I slam it closed. I probably just woke up the entire dorm. Oh, well. Don't care.

I get ready and do some calming breathing exercises. Can't be this angry in front of everyone. It wouldn't make any sense to them. One hand scrolls through my music while the other places my headset over my ears. With music blasting from my headset I make my way downstairs. People are already having breakfast, but I ignore them. Having my breakfast in a far corner away from everybody.

Soon the couple enters the room while holding hands. Both boys are smiling and get their breakfast. Some people are staring at them weirdly, or more at the scary friendly aura that's around them. Can't blame them.

When I'm done eating, I make my way to class. I'm the first but I don't care. More time for me to relax in peace without my noisy classmates around. The peace doesn't last long and soon the classroom is completely full of my classmates.

Halfway through Aizawa's lesson he asks me a simple question, but it just pisses me off.

"Ask someone else."

He looks shocked but I just turn away to look out the window. Katsuki bursts out laughing which earns him some raised eyebrows.

"Mik, give it back, you clearly can't handle it."

"I can handle it just fine!"

"Uhu, we can see that."

"Fucking fine! Come here and kneel then!"

Aizawa is completely confused but watches us carefully as Katsuki kneels down beside my chair. I place my hand over his eyes and he winces loudly. It feels like a weight is lifted from my shoulders and I release a relieved sigh. Katsuki has his normal expression on his face, his smile gone and nowhere in sight.