28. Dabi.

Touya is chilling on a bench in a park, staring up at the night sky. I sit down on the ground with my back against the bench before dropping my head backwards on his stomach.

"Hey Dabs. In a week I'll have everything ready."

"Yeah... about that. I'm unsure if I should sign it."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I will just drag your reputation down the drain. I'm not good at being, well, good."

"That is the beauty of it all. I'm not asking you to be a hero. All I want is for you to reconnect with your siblings without your crimes weighting you down. Sure, I need something in return but I'm mostly offering you this option as a friend."

"As a friend, huh? You sure there aren't any other feelings involved?"

"What are you aiming at here? Speak up, Dabi."

"Do you have romantic feelings for me, Miki?"

"No. First of all, I like Tomura. Second of all, you are too gay for that."

"Me? Gay? What gave you that idea?"

"The way you look Hawks up and down every time you see him."

"That's bullshit. I'm not checking him out."

"I never used those words, buddy."

I sit straight and turn around so I can look at his face.

"Dabi, finding someone attractive isn't a crime, you know?"

"Quiet you! You can lecture me once you and Tomura become a thing."

"He already sister zoned me. It's hopeless."

"Sister zoned? What the fuck are you talking about? All he talks about is you. I wonder what Miki is doing right now. She hasn't texted me back.... Did her teacher take her phone again? I miss her voice. Hey Dabi, did she come to see you? She seems to like you more then she likes me."

"What the fuck?"

"He says all those things while waiting for a reply to one of his texts. It's driving all of us crazy."

"So what? He cares about me. Like I said, sister zoned."

"You are blind as a bat, aren't you?"

"Ow, shove it, Dabs."

Suddenly he starts laughing, making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"Look at us. We're pathetic..."

"Yeah, can't fight that."

I use his stomach as a pillow once more while he plays with my hair. My eyes are closing as I'm completely relaxed.

"Princess, do you really believe that you can save us?"

"Yes. I'll fight till my last breath to save all of you."

"Don't exaggerate like that..."

"I'm not. I was willing to die to save little Eri. I will die for all of you. If that is what it takes..."

"Just how sad do you want us to be, huh? You can't save us if you're dead."

"True... Guess I can't just go and die, huh?"

"Idiot."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find myself in the mountains, looking at my crush fight a huge monster. It should go to sleep soon and then I can join him without being afraid of being killed by that thing.