39. Let the battle begin.

The day has come. The heroes will come and conquer the Front. Today... I will be free of this act. Finally, free of this lie. Why am I undercover again? This is so tiring...

We only have a little time left before they'll break down our walls and I'm doing everything in my power to keep the Front members off guard. There is a decent size stage located against the backwall of the ginormous hallway. La Brava is located upstairs, safe and away from what is about to happen while Gentle stays close to her, never leaving her side.

"Brava, you ready?"

A soft hum of agreement leaves my earpiece and I look at Himi before nodding at her. She nods back while adjusting the mic behind her ear.

"THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING!!! As you all know, I love a good party every now and then and let's be honest, it's been a while, right?!"

Of course, only a part of the force is standing in front of me but if I can get rid of them within a minute it will be a huge victory. A huge step to helping the heroes and my classmates with saving the day.

La Brava does her job well. The voices of heroes outside are clearly relayed to our earpieces, keeping us updated of the status outside.

"We're good to go in."

"Good, let's wait for them to start."

I take a deep breath and force a smile on my face to hide my nerves. Yes, I too, can get nervous and scared. Especially now that I don't know how this will end. I'm terrified.

"So instead of waiting any longer! Let's get this party started! La Brava, give us some music!"

I woke up in a modern world
And there's nothing I can do
While I read the latest, from the breaking
Story on the news
People swear they say it's fake
And look up to our leader
As he speaks from a mind so bleak
He preys on his believers

Everyone's bitter, pointing their fingers
Seeing the worst in each other
But people are not, their skin, or their God
Or who they claim their lover
I think that people are made so unequal
Some are born good and some evil
And so here I pray, for one single day
We can live here peaceful

The world is falling down
And nothing ever changes
1, 2, 3 as the shots ring out
But nothing ever changes
The world is falling down
And nothing ever changes
We're all part of a silent crowd
'Cause nothing ever changes

A loud crash cuts off the song and smoke fills the room. Our audience spreads out slightly, startled and scared.

"What do we have here?"

"Well Spectre, seems like we have a bunch of heroes crashing our concert."

"Say Himi, we can't have that, right?"

"No. No, we can't."

"Calm down, sweet audience. Don't forget that your leader is standing in front of you. Don't forget what we stand for! Don't forget what you are trained for!"

The people slowly calm down and stand firmly between us and the heroes.

"Brava, give me a song and I'll show these heroes that they crashed the wrong party. I'll show them how a siren catches her prey."

Another song starts and I make sure to use my quirk on every hero that can hear me, freezing them into their place. Some of the front members rush at them but Himi stops them.

"Let your leader play her game. She loves playing games after all."

I nod at Himi while still singing and make my way off the stage, walking through the people and straight to Denki. Time to use him.