8. Responsibility

Shreya's POV

It is Thursday and the week until now was hell boring.
Ansh bhaiya is on parental leave as he is blessed with a baby boy.
And you already know about Rahul.
It is not like I don't have friends here, it is just that bond that I miss a lot. People here are friends because they have selfish motives. In the corporate world, people will walk over your dead bodies just to get a promotion.
And I don't know why people are jealous of me. Maybe because I have got a very fast promotion in a short span of time. So what it is because of my hard work and dedication towards my work.

Tring Tring

'Hello'

'Miss Shreya boss is calling you in his office right now'. Boss's personal assistant told me and cut the call before I could say anything.

Ofoo why is he calling me now?

'Chalo Shreya let's see what he is saying'

I went to the office.

'Yes sir, you asked for me'.

'Yeah, Shreya sit'

It's been two years and I am not able to understand him completely. At one moment he is angry and rude and at the other moment, he is sweet. He has a mood swing problem more than a girl.

'There is good news for you'. I looked up at him.

'What'?

'You are getting a chance of promotion'. He said.

'I am sorry sir. But how I didn't get it because I have been recently promoted'.

He paused for a moment and then continued while putting both his elbows on the table and intertwining his fingers.

'Look Shreya, every year HR of the main office comes to survey the performance of each branch. This year the boss himself, that means the owner of the whole damn company is coming himself for this survey. And I want you to prepare a presentation and present it to him on Monday'.

'Next Monday'?

'No, coming Monday.'

What the fudge. How will I manage?

'Sir, but I how will I make and prepare all about the companies performance in such a short span of time'.

'You have to Shreya, you have to. You don't have any other options. I don't know why but HR has himself chose you to perform this task'.

I was shocked me.... why me...

'So, you can take leave of tomorrow. That means you have 3 days. All the required data will be e-mailed to you by 8 PM'.

'Sir, can I know who represented the company last year. If you can tell then I will have an idea about the presentation.'

'Due to certain circumstances, the survey was not held last year. And the person who has presented it before that, no longer works in the office'.

Ohh great this is really great.
Acchi wali lag gyi shreya teri to 😐

'And one more thing I am not questioning your capability but you are representing the branch so please remember that mine and this office's reputation is in your hand'.

Ohoo so now he is pleading.

'Ok sir, I will try my best'.

Ohh God how will I manage? This is really a great responsibility.

I left the office and reached my home.

The schedule I planned goes like-
Friday- prepare the presentation
Saturday- learn the matter
Sunday- finalize the presentation and send it to Sir for review.

Ok, Shreya don't panic you can do it. You have given so many presentations in the past so why are you so much tensed now. You are really an idiot.

Why is Rahul me calling now?

'Hello Rahul'

'Hey Shreya, what's up?'

'All good you say'

'I am fine too'

'Good'

'Why are you sounding tensed. Any problem? Is everything okay?'

I told him everything.

'Oh Shreya,the boss is really very rude, arrogant and self-centered. He don't even think twice before ruining anyone's career. So please, try not to commit any mistake. He is very punctual and want his work in perfect manner'.

'You are scaring me Rahul'.

'No I am just telling you. But I believe in you. You can do it. You are a gem'

'Shreyaaaaa, come beta have dinner'.

'Ok Rahul bye. I will talk to you later. Mom is calling me'

'Ok bye shreya, All the best'

'Coming mom'.

After dinner I decided to write down my schedule for work and start working on it.

I tried to collect the data but I was hell tired so closed the laptop, left the work for tomorrow and felt asleep.

I know this was a short, little boring, and filler kind of chapter. But it was important too to set the theme. Soon I will upload the next chapter where the devil is going to meet his butterfly.

Stay tuned 🤗

Stay safe