26. Love is in the air

Atharva's POV

When we entered the park, she took off her heels and ran like she is participating in race competition and someone has said get, set, go.

There was no one in the park except us and the dimly-lit park light.

She sat on a swing, stretched hands, and called me towards her by fisting and unfisting her palms like a kid. She sat in a way that her legs were not reaching the ground.

I went to her.

"I want to swing. Push me na" She pouted. She was looking like a small kid pouting like that.

"No, you will fall"

"Please" she requested

"No"

"Pretty please" she made a puppy face.

Not even I can say no to her after looking at this face. So I pushed the swing and it started to move.

I made sure that it should not go very high because she is scared of height. And what if she falls off?

"Swing Faasterrr!"

She screamed. So I pushed a little more.

Her hair and dress were floating in the air and she was completely looking like a butterfly flying in the air while spreading her wings out.

My butterfly!

Her hair was touching my face every time the swing was coming to my side. She was giggling like a kid whenever the swing was going high. That brought a smile on my face too.

I don't know what is there in her that I forget all my problems and pains whenever she is around me and all my anger and rage cools down by coming in contact with her calmness.

After a few minutes when she got bored she jumped off the swing and fall on her hands.

"Ahh" she looked at her palm and there was a little scratch.

"I told you not to swing you will fall. Look now." I said in a high tone.

"Don't shout" She said in a higher tone than mine.

Uff...ye ladki (Ofo this girl)

She stood up and started to walk by putting her steps in a zigzag way. She was not able to handle herself and was about to fall again on her butt but I immediately catch her. Her eyes were close and slowly, slowly she opened those pearls and stared into mine.

"Why are your eyes so dark?" She asked so innocently breaking the silence.

"That's none of your matter of concern"

I made her stand on her feet

"Why did you drink so much when you can't handle it?" I scolded her.

"No, no, no maine pee ni hai
Hanji mainu pila di gyi hai,
Jo Bhi hai sahi hai,
Maza aa rahi hai"

(No, no, no, I have not drunk.
Yes, I've been made to drink.
Whatever it is there, is good.
I'm having fun.)

She started to sing in a drunker style.

"What? Who made you drink?"

"The same man who asked me for dance but yyouu came in between. Huh"

"Shaurya?" I asked

"I don't know his name. But he said that I have to drink those soft drinks as I ditched him by changing my dance partner" she replied

"I will kill him" My palms tightened into fist unknowingly.

She took my hands in hers and tried to open the fingers one by one and I opened my hand.

"Hey let's play a game," she said suddenly jumping like a 2-year-old.

"Play?" I asked

She moved her head in yes with so much excitement.

"Aren't you tired that you want to play even more?"

"No, I am not. Let's play na. You run and I will catch you." She showed me her front teeth.

"No, definitely not"

"Please, request" She again made a puppy face.

"NO!" I said sternly.

"Are you scared that I will catch you and you will lose the game?" She said provoking me.

"No, you cannot catch me."

"I can, I was an athlete" she replied

"You cannot"

"Than prove it"

And she ran towards me without any warning. I ran too.

She failed three times by a miner space from touching me. Anyhow, I was able to save myself. I must say she is a good runner.

I stand at one of the corners in the darkness where she cannot see me. She was searching for me when my phone ringed. It was a call from prem. She came to my side and was about to catch me and I ran and saved again.

I started to laugh and tease her as a result she got angry. She came with full force and jumped on me.

"Gotcha"

I fall on the ground and she was on top of me. She started to laugh madly breathing heavily. I was laughing too with her. I have laughed from the heart for the first time in my life.

She rolled off me and lies beside me.

"Why don't you laugh? You look good while laughing".

I stopped laughing and looked at her she was already starting me. Both of us were lying straight on the ground looking into each other's eyes.

I ignored her question and looked at the sky.

The sky was clear and it does not have any stars as the last night.

It was giving me so much peace with an open sky above me, cool grass below me, and my butterfly beside me. I just want to stop this time here forever.

" When I was small and we were in Mathura, I used to sleep on the terrace with my parents. They tell me stories of animals and Tenali Rama to make me sleep and I was having the habit of counting the stars while sleeping"

She talks a lot but I love to listen to her blabberings.

"Your parents too used to tell you a story to make you sleep?" She asked me while tilting his head to my side.

"Parents?" I too tilted my head to her side.

"Yes, parents means moder (mother) fader (father)" she said in a childish way.

"Not everyone is lucky" I replied and looked straight.

A minute later I felt her hand. I looked down and she intertwined her fingers with mine. I folded my fingers around her too and it started raining.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hope you like this chappy 🤗

Don't forget to shower your love ❤

Keep smiling :-)