24. Dance and Romance

SHREYA'S POV

I didn't like the way that girl talked about me. So I excused myself and sat on a chair. I think he was his ex or something I don't care about. But she has no right to say things about me like that.

"Hey beautiful, remember me?" A man approached me.

He is the same person who kissed my hand that day.

"Yes, Good evening sir" I greeted him.

"Sir? Oh, common don't call me sir. I want to be your friend". He said

Suddenly background music stopped and the host announced.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, it is high time to start the party. As it is a silver jubilee celebration so we will begin with the game of paper dance. All the couples get ready and those who are single here don't get dishearted you can search for your partner and participate in the game. Yuhuuuu.....let's have some fun".

" Will you dance with me?" He asked me.

"Umm... I am not sure".

"Why"

"I don't like to dance. You know". I told him

"Do you have your boyfriend here?"

"No"

"So that's final we will participate in this game". He said

He put his hand on mine and I felt weird
"you can trust me"

Eww...I moved my hand. I am not feeling good under his touch.

'Tring Tring'

His phone rings

"Excuse me, I will be back in a minute"

He left and the devil appeared from nowhere. He was fuming in anger.

What I did now?

"What was he doing here?"

"I....I don't know"

"But you were talking to him. What was he saying to you?" His voice was filled with anger.

I remain silent

"Don't create drama here Shreya. Just tell what was he doing here?"
He asked me while pressing his nose bridge.

"He was asking me for dance".

" Dance? And what did you said"

"He said that I am alone so I should dance with him," I told him looking down

"Alone? Who said to you that you are alone. I am with you. And you cannot dance with anyone when I am here. One more thing you will not talk to him again. He is not a good man. Why don't you understand? Are you getting me?"

What has happened to him? Why is he acting like a possessive boyfriend?

"I asked you something" he was losing his patience.

"Yes". I said yes because one thing that I have came to know about this man is that devil hate him from the core of his heart and I don't want to make him more angry and burst on me.

"So ladies and gentlemen, we are going to start our game. All the couples are requested to join the floor".

He asked for my hand. That man was too standing beside the devil.

I looked at his hand and then to him and then to that man. And after giving it a thought I gave my hand in the hand of the devil.

Thank God! he didn't drag me to the floor. He let me to the dancing area like a gentleman.