53. Fear of losing her

Atharva's POV

I pushed her nose to stop her blabbering. She was continuously giving a lecture on how good the street foods are. They are just some unhygienic shit made up of low-quality material. I will not allow her to eat that at any cost. She falls ill so easily.

I teased her by saying that the way she talks the job of a radio jockey is best for her. I didn't mean it. Even I enjoy her stupid talks. I love it when she goes on blabbering for hours. She gets busy in her world while talking endlessly and I get busy in her. But she got angry with it and left the car in anger without even sparing one look to me.

I was waiting for her return from the temple in the car. I am literally enjoying every day, every moment with her. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have forgotten my past, my pain because of her. She has controlled my mind and clouded my heart completely.

But I am still worried about her security. Because that bastard is still alive and roaming freely. I am still not able to forget that day when he entered my house and tried to steal my butterfly from me. Thankfully that day I returned early because she requested me to come soon in the morning. Whenever I think about that incident I just want to kill him with my bare hands. But this is she who is stopping me from doing this good work.

I was fuming in anger when I saw my butterfly coming out of the temple. I don't know why she is so religious. But if this gives her happiness then let it be. A smile crept my lips when I saw her face expression which she gave while looking at the pani puri stall. But thankfully she ignored it.

I came out of the car to pick up my butterfly from the other side of the road. But like always she just starting taking her steps to cross the road without caring about her life. Why is she so careless?

I turned to open the door of the car and when I turned back the ground beneath me slipped because of the scene in front of me.

A car crashed into her. She was off the ground and then her head collided with the road in full force. She was lying with her face on the road in a pool of blood. I got numb and statued on my position.

I came to senses when she screamed my name.

"SHREYA!" I ran to her.

I took her face in my hands. Blood was continuously flowing from her head. People started to gather around us. Her eyes were getting heavy as she was closing her eyes. My heart was shrinking looking at her condition.

"Shreya, don't. Don't you dare to close your eyes. Don't you dare"

She clutched my t-shirt tightly in her fist. I took her in my arms and ran towards the car.

"Ho..hospital, quickly"

I was so much scared that I was not even able to form words.

I looked down at her. Her eyes were closed but her pupils were moving and she was still holding my t-shirt. She was half-conscious. Blood was not stopping even for a microsecond. I put my hand on her forehead to anyhow stop the outflow.

"Open your eyes, butterfly. Please"

Tears started to form in my eyes. I was choking due to emotions.

"Please talk to me. Please! I will do as you say. I will never stop you from talking. I will not stop you from eating street foods. I swear. You can give me any punishment for my behavior but this is too much. I can not bear this. Please say something. Please!"

The last word came as a whisper. She was not listening to me. To my beggings. Why is she so stubborn?

Suddenly, the car came to a halt.