45. I love you

Whatever happened was good. What's happening is going well. Whatever will happen will also be good. Do not worry about the future. Live in the present." - Lord Krishna

नन्द के आनंद भयो, जय कन्हिया लाल की।
हाथी घोडा पालकी, जय कन्हिया लाल की॥

- Happy Janmashtami
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHREYA'S POV

The way he was eating sweets one thing was clear that he is 'meethe ka Chita' ( lover of sweet).

Every time he eats some sweet he offers me like I am going to eat it. I cannot eat sweet more than one piece and he is just eating sweets as his life depends on it.

Anupriya took me to make me meet her friends. We talked a little. I can mix up with people easily. It is in my nature. So it was not a problem. The problem was my sixth sense.

I was feeling like someone is watching my every move. I tried to ignore it as much as I can but I failed completely.

I looked at my side and my eyes widened by looking at the person - Shaurya (Atharva's stepbrother) What is he doing here?

His hands were in his pants pocket. He was muttering something to someone but eyes were on me. He smiled looking at my way and I looked away without giving him any expression.

I don't know what is wrong between these two brothers but the thing I know is that I never get even 0.1% good vibes from this person. His smirks scare me and I want to hide somewhere whenever his eyes fall on my body.

I excused myself and went to Mr. Kukkad. I did it because I feel protected around him. In these days it is clear that no matter what he will not harm me in any way. Neither he has forced himself on me nor touched me unnecessarily. From the day of marriage, he is also taking care of my parent's even smallest needs like his own. May be compensating for what he has done to them but still, I am not able to forgive him for that.

"Are you fine?" He asked me

"Hmm" I nodded assuring him

"I know you don't like parties much. Don't worry we will leave soon" he said touching my cheek with his right hand.

I just nodded.

"Arrey oo ashiq (hey, lover), I know you are newlywed but this is children's party. Please do your romance in your room, or you can go to one of the empty rooms here" Prem said winking and my cheeks turned crimson red.

"Shut up Prem," Kukkad said punching him lightly on his chest.

He chuckled.

"Can I steal your husband for ten minutes? I have some important work with him." He asked me

I nodded

"I will be back soon, then we will leave. Don't stand alone, talk to Anupriya, or play with Aditya. Hmm?"

"Ok"

Then he left with Prem. Before I can take a step, Shaurya blocked my way. Like he was waiting for him to leave.

He extended his hand for a handshake but I joined my hands and whispered namaste ignoring his extended hand.

"Namaste bhabhiji"(sister in law) the way word bhabhiji rolled his tongue was itself disgusting. It was looking like he is abusing the word.

"You look sexy in red" he whispered in my ears.

I took a step away from him, maintaining distance.

"Excuse me," I said and started to leave this spot.