60. Jamai Raja (Son-in-law)

SHREYA'S POV

"Who is Harsh?"

He asked me as I entered the room after helping Mumma with the kitchen chores.

"Who is Harsh?" He asked me again now looking up at my face.

'Who is Harsh?' I asked myself giving pressure to my brain cells thinking if I know any person named Harsh.

"Umm...I don't know any Harsh" I answered

"Are you sure?" He asked

"Yes"

"What was the name of your school crush?" He asked

HARSH! But how did he know that? I looked down at his hand. How dare he touch it. I thought he is busy in some office files.

Yes, this man can live without breathing but he cannot live without working. He has brought some important files here too and he now works from home.

"I asked you something," he said while stepping in front of me.

I snatched the scrapbook from his hand.

"Why are you touching my personal things?" I asked

"Oh! So there are things that are personal to you" he said.

Why is he acting so weird?

"What is your problem Atharva"

"My problem is the thing written on this scrapbook. Both of you have written each other's name in the blank of the classmate you like the most."

"That is just a childhood game. Nothing else"

"Do you still like him?"

"Oh for God sake Atharva. I don't know that he is even alive or not. Stop overreacting"

I snatched the scrapbook from his hand and moved towards the cupboard to put it in its place securely.

"Oh, so I am overreacting now"

"Yes, you are".

"What would you do if someone from my past come back to my life?" He asked, turning me and making me face him.

"Wouldn't you be jealous?" He asked

"Being jealous is an obvious thing but I would not question you like this"

"Oh really?"

"Yes, because I trust you. The thing that makes a relationship strong is the trust between two people and I trust you with everything"

"What if I break this trust?" He asked me

"Trusting you is my decision and breaking my trust is your decision" I replied

"Oh! Since when did you become so mature?" He asked

"Since the day you became childish" I replied

"Now move!" I said slapping his chest.

"What if I don't," he said while moving his face towards me and blocking my way by putting his leg.

"Door is open Atharva"

"Let it be, I am not doing any crime I am with MY WIFE," he said emphasizing the words, my wife.

He kissed my forehead and then my nose. He kissed the corner of my lips and started to tease me by moving his nose against mine without touching the lips. He knows that I want it so bad. He wants me to take the lead. So I took his face in between my hands to kiss him.

"Oh! My innocent eyes"

Both of us looked at the gate in unison and horror.

Papa was standing there with his hands covering his eyes. My face became red and I was feeling heat outflow from my ears.