12. Good news?

Shreya's POV

It is Tuesday evening and I was preparing to go home when Raghav sir called me.

Aeeinnn, what does he want at this time when I am wrapping up everything.
I swear to God it irritates a lot when you are all ready to leave for your home and someone gives you work.

Knock knock

'May I come in sir?'

Please say no so that I can go home.

'Yeah come in'.
Came his voice from the other side.

I unwillingly went in.

'Oh yeah Shreya, there is good news for you'.

He was all smiling and happy.
I really doubt now that his good news is actually good news because the last time he exploded the bomb of responsibility and titled it as good news.
Good news my foot. Huh

'Will, you do not ask what it is?'

He said breaking my chain of thoughts.

'Oh yes, what is it?' I asked with a fake smile.

'The good news is that you have got promoted to the main office'.
He said the last part like an excited child.

'What the fu....' I didn't complete the word because of sir.

All the color of my face drained and that fake smile disappeared too in the blink of the eye. His energy didn't excite me even for 1% because I know what does it mean.
It was a bad, very bad news for me.

'What happened? Aren't you happy? I think you didn't heard me. I was saying that you are getting a pr....'

'I heard you and I don't want this promotion ' I didn't let him completed his sentence.

'What? Are you serious?' He asked me with wide eyes and out of shock.

'Yes, I am. I don't think an employee can do a joke with her employer '. I said to him straightforwardly

'Do you even know what does this means? A person has to work for 8-10 years with immense hard work just to get there and you, you are getting this chance in just two years. And you are rejecting it'. He said pointing towards me

'Yes, I am rejecting it. I know it very well that what does it mean. It means that I have to directly work under him. So no, I don't want to accept this offer'.

'You even know what position and salary you are going to receive?'

When I didn't reply he continued

'You are going to be his personal assistant and your salary will be multiplied by 3'.

'Hell no' I immediately stood up
Being a personal assistant means I
have to face him every day.

'No, never. A big NO. I am not going to accept this offer at any cost'. I told him

'You have to a girl because the cost of not accepting this offer is really very high'. He said to me while smiling.

'What? What do you mean by cost?'

'Firstly just sit down and have water' He offered me a glass full of water.

'No I am fine you can continue'. I sit on the chair

'Look Shreya he has recently fired his personal assistant. And he wants a hardworking employee like you. He loved your way of presentation, your answers, and your past performance. So he has hired you for that position.
He had already made the decision and no one can deny it. Not even me. And moreover, one employee is already hired for your position this was your last day in this branch. So not accepting this offer means you will get jobless'. He told me like it is a very normal thing.

'Seriously? How could you do that? How could you hire anyone else when I am working here?'.

'No more questions now. My work was to inform you. Here is your promotion letter just take it. You have 24 hours to decide and sign it'.

'I am still not going to accept this position. I will search for a new job. Keep your promotion letter with you'.

'I think you didn't get me right. You will become jobless means you will not able to find any job not here, not anywhere in this country. Your career will be ruined. He has strictly told me this. And he has the full power to do so. So now it is your choice. Either this job or no job'.

'But you can't force me....this is blackmailing'. I told him

'Name it blackmailing or whatever you want. This is the way is going to be'.

'Ww..what?'

'Yes, now I have some other important works to do. All the best for your future'.
With this, he left his office.

Are you serious man. How could anyone become this rude to someone?

I collected everything and went towards the parking area to find none other than Ansh bhaiya standing there.

'Hey bhaiya. Why are you still here?'.

'I was here for you chutku. I thought we will go together'. He told me

'Hmm....yeah'

'What happened? you are not looking fine. Why did sir asked for you?' He asked me all concerned

I told him everything except about how much I hate that person.

'But why don't you want to join?' He asked me.

'Because I don't want. I am emotionally attached to this office. Plus you are here. I will not get anyone like you there'.

'Ohh...mera chutku (my chutku). I am always there for you bacha. Don't worry you will get used to that office too. And Rahul is already there to make you feel better. So don't think too much just accept that offer.' He told me holding my hands. I can see little moisture in her eyes.

'But.....'

'No buts and ifs. You are going to accept it and that's final. Just think about it chutku you will earn three times money. You will be able to pay the loan of your house. Your father's business is already going down and he is already in so much debt. You will be able to pay them off too bacha. Don't you want to become the support of your family? Haan'. He asked me

'Yes I want'.

'Than? And can you imagine the how much happy they will become when they see you as personal assistant of owner of such a huge empire'.

I looked down

'So now the problem is sorted. Firstly give me my party and then I will drop you to your home. Let's go'.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Get ready for the rollercoaster ride of love-hate

Lots of comedy, thrill, drama and ofcourse romance is on its way