66. Betrayal ?

SHREYA'S POV

"I can go alone Atharva, it is not a big deal" I tried to convince him on call.

"I said something. I am not there and I cannot compromise with your security. You know that I love you. Please listen to me and take a driver with you" he said neglecting my requests.

"Ok"

"Good girl, and don't forget to tell me everything after coming back from the hospital. Ok?"

"Ok, fine"

"Take care"

"Hmm....you too" I cut the call.

He is on his business trip leaving me here alone. I am missing him a lot. Mumma Papa is also not at home otherwise I would have gone to them. For the past few days, I am not feeling good so he insisted me to visit the doctor.

I took my phone to cut the time and came across the photo of Rahul on Instagram. Hmm....he is looking happy. That's good. Atharva freed him from all the charges and brought him back to India one month back when we came from Mahabaleshwar.

I looked at the watch and I have an appointment in one hour. So I decided to get ready. I was not in a mood to wear tight clothes as they are making me more uneasy these days. So I took a cream-colored salwar kurta and wore it. I tied my hair in a bun and secured that bun on the nape. I don't know what is happening to me I feel like vomiting whenever the smell of lip gloss or perfume hits my nostrils. So I left after applying some sunscreen. As per his order, I have to take the driver with me. He never trusts me with driving.

We reached the hospital in 30 minutes all thanks to the traffic. I was waiting for my number when the receptionist called my name to meet the doctor.

"Have a seat Mrs. Singhania" Doctor said

I make myself comfortable on the seat in front of her.

"Hmm....tell me what is the problem?" She asked me.

"Umm...actually from the past few days, I am feeling tiredness and nausea all the time.

"Come with me"

I followed her and she asked me to lie down on the bed. I lied there flat on my back and she started her checking. Then she went back to her seat. I followed her and settled myself back into my initial position.

"There is good news Mrs. Singhania. You are going to be a mother"

"What Really?" I asked her in shock, surprise, and happiness.

"Yes, but you need to take care of yourself. You are weak to carry a baby. Eat good and healthy and don't take the stress"

I nodded. I was too happy to say anything. At the moment I was just thinking about him. The father of this baby. How happy he would be when he will hear about this news.

I left her cabin instantly and took my phone out of my purse to call him. But before I could call him his number popped up on my phone's screen.

"Hello"

"Hello, what did the Dr. Said?" He asked

I was too excited to share the news with him.

"Atharva you are....." I stopped.

No, not like this. I would surprise him with the news at night when he will return home.

"Me, what butterfly?" He asked

"Umm...no nothing. Dr has said that the fatigue is just because of weakness and I have to take rest and eat healthy food"

"Are you sure?" He asked