40. Wedding Day

SHREYA'S POV

After signing the contract he along with me went to the hospital and I got relieved after knowing that the operation has started and Ansh bhaiya is donating blood to Papa.

He didn't leave my side even for one minute except for bringing the medicines and other supplies requested by the doctor.

After 3 days Papa got discharged and we went back home. Even there he took care of my family.

My mother asked me who helped me and when I told her she thanked him very much. Only if she knew that he was responsible for Papa's condition. Papa was too much thankful to him and Ansh bhaiya.

He took advantage of the moment and put a marriage proposal in front of my parents and they accepted it gladly.

They are happy like they have got a diamond or the best person on this earth as their son-in-law.

They thought that we are having an affair and I love him because I didn't say no to his proposal. There was no point in it. Legally we are already married. It was just to show to the world.

So the wedding was decided at the end of the coming week.

My mother wanted it to be a grand marriage because she has a lot of dreams of my marriage as I am her single child. But I told them in strict words that there is no need to spend savings unnecessarily. The marriage will be very simple with a limited number of people because I cannot meet everyone with a fake smile when I am shattered within.

I was ready in my suit and with my Rakhi and other things and was waiting for Ansh bhaiya to arrive at home for Raksha Bandhan. Yes, this is the third year I am tying Rakhi on his wrist.

It is 1:00 PM, where is he?

I called him.

"Where are you bhaiya? Why are you so late? Is everything fine ?"

"Yes everything is fine and I am not coming this year," he said

"What? But why?"

"What is the use of Rakhi when I can't protect my sister," he said. I can feel the sadness in his voice.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Nothing," he said

"If you have considered me your sister even for once then I want you here within half an hour" I used my emotional atyachar wala weapon.

He arrived on time. Mumma papa was in their room so I got the chance to talk to him in private.

"What did you mean by that bhaiya? You know you shattered my heart with your words" I said

"Why should I not say that. I failed completely as a brother. I am not able to protect my sister" he said

I was silent

"Rahul has told me everything. I contacted him for his sudden shift to abroad and he asked me about your wellbeing. And then he told me everything that how that man has forced him to leave the country and he has his eyes on you. And you have said yes to this marriage too. Why? Why didn't you told me anything? Why? Am I dead to you or you tie this Rakhi ever year on my wrist just for the sake of festival" he added

"I was scared bhaiya," I said

"Scared from whom? From him? The maximum he could do is just throw me out of his company and make me go unemployed for the rest of my life na. That's it. You know I have my father's business which I have to join some or the other day. I was just doing a job to pursue my passion. I do not care about this job much" he said