47. His Pain

*Grab some tissues (Sorry I forgot to warn in the previous chapter 😛)*

SHREYA'S POV

We followed him but he was too fast to take the car and drive off.

Prem offered me the drive home which I accepted. The whole journey was silent but within me, there was a storm. There were a lot of things going on in my mind.

We reached the mansion and he left dropping me there.

As I entered I was welcomed by utter silence and utmost darkness. The door gets opened either by his fingerprints or the doorbell. It was open which means he is in.

I switched on the lights of the hall. There was not even a fly to be found. I was scared because the silence and loneliness were eating me out. I called out his name.

"Atharva"

No reply

"Atharva" this time a little louder.

Still no reply.

I went upstairs in our room, pushed it open to find it vacant. I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Atharva"

Still no reply. I pushed it a little and it gets opened. I went to his gym to search for him but he was not there too. I was not getting where to search for him. This is such a huge mansion and I haven't explored it yet. I searched for him everywhere I can.

I went back downstairs and to my shock, the room that always remains locked was unlocked. I took a deep breath and pushed its gate a little and it gets open.

There was complete darkness in there but still, I can feel a figure in the very corner of the room. My heartbeat took its speed. I breathe heavily.

I searched for the switches with the help of the flashlight of my mobile and switched the lights on.

I looked around and found that the room was decorated beautifully but everything was burned. You can easily see ashes and the black spots of fire.

Then my eyes fall on him. He was sitting in the corner of the room with a photograph in his hand. Either he was oblivion of my presence or he was ignoring me.

His coat was lying on the ground. He was in his white shirt with rolled-up sleeves to his elbows and disheveled hair with his eyes stick to the photograph.

"Atharva" I called him softly and he looked up.

His eyes were blood red and dry. My feet unknowingly moved towards him. I took the photograph from his hand. It was a little burned. There was a beautiful lady carrying a kid in her arms.

"My mother," he said in a hoarse voice.

"Why? Why were you so desperate to know about me?" He asked breaking the silence.

I put the photograph aside carefully and stretched my hands to touch his face.

"Because you are my husband and being your wife I have every right to know about you. You know everything about me and I know nothing." I said

"What do you want to know?" He asked while taking my hand in his.

"Why didn't you told me that you are not behind that accident?" I asked him and he smiled painfully on my question.

"I know you more than you know yourself butterfly," he said and my eyebrows knitted at the last word.

"Because you don't fake to anyone you think that no one fakes. You think that the people are showing their right self to you, they are not hiding their real identity from you. But it is not like that. The world is not as innocent and real as you think" he said