61. Mahabaleshwar

SHREYA'S POV

All the days passed like this laughing, smiling, and enjoying each and every moment. One day we went to watch a movie and an evening walk. Atharva also taught papa some exercises to reduce belly fat because he has to face the embarrassment of wearing Papa's shirt.

The day before yesterday we all went shopping. A smile crept my lips when I remembered how I convinced him to go on my dhanno with me.

"I will not go with you on this," he said

"Why?"

"Just look at this and look at me. I mean how my legs would fit in this little scooter" he said

"Who said that you are going to drive this. This is me who would drive and you would occupy the back seat"

"Hell NO. I will not sit behind you" he said

"Why?"

"Umm...no. Just no. Firstly I am not going with you on this. What if any employee sees me. You know more than half of this city knows me. What would they think about me?"

"What would they think? Their sir is going with his wife on a scooter. It is as simple as that"

"It is not scooty. It is khatara (knackered)"

How dare he say anything about my scooty, my dhanno.

"kharara ye nahi, khatara tum ho, kukkad (This is not knackered, knackered is you)," I said in anger.

"What?"

"Yes, and I am not taking you with me. Rot at home alone."

I said in anger and started my scooty. I was just praying for it to start in one go (Dhanno please izzat rakh lio)

Thankfully it started in one go. I was about to move it ahead when he stopped the scooty and sat behind me making me wear my helmet. I make him wear a spare helmet.

"Hide your beautiful face with this. If you want you can even roam in the mall wearing this to escape from embarrassment "

He said nothing on this but don't you think that he sits quite for the journey. He was just giving me lectures on my driving skills all the way eating my ears out.

But he got embarrassed because of me as we returned to the parking area he met with his client. The client first looked at him then to his clothes and then to my scooty in horror. It took him complete 5 minutes to recognize him.

I chuckled when the expression that he gave to me at that time came to my mind.

"Where are you lost? Why are you not eating?" Mumma asked

We are having a candlelight dinner. All thanks to the electricity. Our transformer has blown and it will be replaced tomorrow so we have to live on candles and hand fans for the night as the battery of the inverter got discharged in the evening itself. I am surprised by looking at him that he is enjoying even this. He has not complained about anything. All these days he was seeing us in my parents and our parents revived their old memories with us.

We had dinner and Mumma asked us to arrange the mattress on the terrace for the four of us while she and Papa were doing the kitchen chores.

After laying the mattress we went to walk a little on the terrace to enjoy the cold winds that were hitting my face and taking me to another world.

This is our last night here. We will return in the morning. Although he didn't want to. He is ready to stay here forever. I never knew that he would love my parents so much. I never expected that he could be a family man too. I thought that I have to work hard on this but now I am sure that he is ready to become a father.