33. Something is fishy

SHREYA'S POV

Thank God it was a national holiday so I got the chance to sleep and fight with the fatigue, of the last few days.

It was 1:00 PM and I was still in the bed in my most comfortable clothes ever that is a loose T-shirt and Bermuda shorts. I was so much hungry so I left the bed unwillingly dragged myself to the washroom to brush and splash water on the face. Should I mention that like always I was looking a Ghost? But who cares I am at home. I went downstairs to have something. Because you know food always comes first.

When I was in the middle of the stairs I heard the sound of a laugh. A strange laugh I must say. I stood there and tried to listen if I can get who is this but the only voice which my ears can catch was of my father talking to someone.

Who can be this? As far as I know, we don't have any relatives here. Umm....maybe someone from the colony. I continued to step down.

When I reached the hall I became paralyzed.

Kukkad was sitting their with my parents laughing at my father's lame jokes. This person can laugh too and that too on my father's jokes? I mean we laugh not to make him disheartened but why is he doing that?

There is 100% something fishy because that person can not laugh who dies in giving a smile.

And what is he doing here in the first place? How he came here? Who gave him that permission?

All those questions were running in my mind when Papa looked at my side.

Papa, please don't call me by my nickname. Please no, not in front of him. Please. I was praying because he never thinks twice before announcing my nickname to the world. That is way too embarrassing and he himself has decided it and he is proud of it.

"Ah...Shreya beta. Why are you standing there like a statue? Come here" Papa said.

Thank God. He said Shreya

Mumma was standing beside papa and both of them were sitting on the extreme end of the couch. So I have no other option than sitting on the chair lying beside his side.

"Why are you reacting like you have seen him for the first time?" Mumma asked

"Do you know him?" I asked

"How could we not beta, who don't know him," Papa said.

Me papa me, none other then your own daughter doesn't know him before she met him back in the office.

"Can I get a cup of tea?" He said looking towards me.

He paused for a moment looked into my eyes and turned his head in a style to my Mumma's side

"Auntiji," he said making rhyme of tea and Ji and again looked my side.

"Zeher la du? (should I bring the poison?)" I said in between my teeth.

He chucked.

Did he really chuckled or my ears have grown big?

"Oh, how could I forget that. Sorry beta, I will also fry some pakodas too (fritters)" My Mumma said

What? She never cooks anything for me besides that Roti daal and she is ready to fry fritters for him and that too without asking for it.

She went into the kitchen and I followed her to know what exactly is going on.

"Mumma, what is this? What is going on here?" I asked her while she was busy preparing snacks for that kukkad.

"I should be the one asking this question to you. What is going on?" She asked