20. Beast in his glory

SHREYA'S POV

I was in my sweet dreams and the song 'Love you Zindagi' was playing in the background.

Although I love this song but at this time I was getting irritated because it was ringing again and again. So I decided to open my eyes to stop that dream there and to start with a new one.

Am I still in the dream because the song has not stopped yet?

"Oh No!" This is my phone's ringtone. I sat up immediately.
Shreya, tu pagal hi hai sachme ( Shreya, you are really mad) I scolded myself
Hehe....sorry, I was in sleep. I replied to myself.

I know I am weird but who cares.

I took my phone and there were 8 missed calls from Mumma. Oh no, I am gone. I didn't call her last night as I got late and thought that she might be sleeping.

Last night incident pope up to my mind. We were so close yesterday that it was not good for a boss and assistant relationship. I don't know when I went so close to him. I always do something that makes me embarrassed in front of him. I was looking deep into his eyes to get something out of him but there was nothing except emptiness.It feels like there is something incomplete in him.There was no liveliness or spark in them.

I was looking so deep into his eyes that I forgot our faces were just inches apart. His breaths were fanning my face. When I came to senses I made a one hand distance from him.

'Aane do aane do Dil m aa Jane do, keh do muskurahat ko hi hi'. My phone was ringing again!

"Hello Mumma"

"What hello, where were you? Your phone was out of reach last night and you too didn't bother to call me. Do you even know how much tensed I was? You don't care about me. "

"Ma.. calm down. I am fine. Take a deep breath. You know you have a problem with high blood pressure. Actually, I got late yesterday, so I didn't think it is right to disturb you".

" But you could at least give a missed call to check if I am sleeping or not. I was having so many negative thoughts beta. How are you? Have you eaten something? When will you reach home?"

"Oh mumma calm down. I am sorry. I am fine and I will return tomorrow".

I told her the reason and talked with her for 15 minutes to console and convinve her not to get hyper.

The person who can't live without me even for 1 day, wants me to get married as soon as possible. Huh.

After putting the call off I opened my WhatsApp to look at my messages. There was a time when Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Wattpad were my constant mates. And now I am not able to see even my WhatsApp messages

There were many messages from Ansh bhaiya, Rahul, Neha, and my college friends.

I opened Ansh bhaiya's chatbox ignoring others'

Ansh bhaiya : 'Kitna soega bacha ab uth ja'( how much will you sleep, now just wake up).

Shreya: 'Good morning bhaiya'

Ansh bhaiya: 'Good morning chutku, how is everything going?"

Shreya: 'Everything is fine, you say how is my champ doing?'

Ansh bhaiya: 'He is a copy of you in mischievousness'

Shreya: 'Haha. I will meet him soon and teach him different ways to annoy his father.'

Ansh bhaiya: 'Then I am not letting my child play with you.'

Shreya: 'Oh hello! I have equal rights on him. After all, I am his bua (Aunty)'