48. Two bodies one soul

*Grab some more tissues*

SHREYA'S POV

"I don't know should I ask it or not but why did you kill your father?"

I asked it not because I doubt him. I believe in him and now I am pretty sure that he has not murdered his father. His eyes were telling that. And I don't need his words to assure me.

I just asked it because I wanted him to let everything out. I know if Prem does not know about that incident that means he hasn't shared it with anyone. It is buried in him from years and it is eating him out making him hollow from inside.

I want his heart to be empty from all the pain he has gone through so that I can fill it again with love.

He was looking into oblivion and started his story like he was repeating that scene in front of his eyes.

"I was sleeping in my room when I heard the sound of screaming. I woke up and followed the voice. She was fighting with my dad on something. There was no one in the home except me, that woman, dad and Madhu" he paused

"The moment I went in I heard the sound of a gunshot and I screamed with all my might. I saw, I saw my father crying in pain. I ran to him and put my hand on his heart exactly where he got a shot. Blood was oozing out. I started to cry by looking at my father in this condition. I pleaded him to not to close his eyes and not to leave me to this cruel world but he didn't listen to me and took his last breath in my arm."

A ray of grief crossed his blank eyes for a second.

"After some time we heard the sound of the police. She got scared and immediately put that gun in my hand after wiping her fingerprints. "

"The police entered and saw the gun in my hand. She blamed everything on me and started to cry like she is the most hurt here as she lost her husband and the police took me under their custody making me apart from my father. I didn't even defy them or defend myself because I was in so much remorse that I was not able to comprehend what was going on" He took a breath.

"Within a few days, I was standing in the court as a criminal accused of his father's murder. And I lost it and got imprisoned in a juvenile home until I reach the age of 18" he moved his eyes and looked at me.

"And you know why I lost the case?"

I questioned him from my eyes because I was not left with even a little strength to move my lips.

"Because of the eyewitness. And you know who was that eyewitness?"

I remained silent for him to continue.

"My last ray of hope. Your Madhu Masi"

My mouth fell open. Madhu Masi? She...But why? She saw everything and she said it against him. Supported that woman.

"Because that woman kidnapped her daughter and threatened that her daughter would be raped and murdered if she doesn't do according to her," he said like he heard my questions.

"She too became selfish at that time and I got the punishment for the crime I never committed"

I was just speechless and eventually, I was not able to control my tears. They start to roll down my cheeks no matter how much I control them. But I have to be strong. Strong for him.

"I didn't even cry back then and just accepted it as a part of my fate. From that day I shut the door of my heart for everyone. But after so many years you, you knocked on that door unknowingly" he said looking deeply into my eyes.

His eyes, his eyes were not blank. They were readable now. But there was nothing more than pain in them. I was not able to control my tears whereas he, there was not even a tint of a tear in his eyes. How could be someone so strong?