62. Let's warm you up

SHREYA'S POV

I was just looking at the pool while the cold wind was hitting my body and I was shivering like a leaf but I was in no mood to go back. It was feeling so good here. I dipped my toe in the pool but instantly stepped back as the water was icy.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder and I jumped out of fear and I was about to fall in the pool flat with my face first. But thankfully he snaked his arms around my waist to hold me in place and save me from drowning in the pool.

"Atharva you scared me," I said turning to him and slapping his chest.

"You scared me too. Why you stepped out of the room without telling me" he said pulling me close.

"I am not tied to you Atharva that I should tell you each and everything before doing it. I am a free human. I can do and whatever I want."

I said irritated because from the day I have come out of Coma he has become overprotective. He wants that I should take his permission even before taking a breath.

"Ok butterfly, chill"

"I was chilling before you came"

"Oh! That hurts"

I ignored his comment.

"So is my butterfly planning to become a fish?" He asked

"Huh?"

"I mean are you going to swim? Because I won't mind enjoying the scene or joining you in" he said in a flirty tone.

"No, I don't know how to swim and secondly I am scared of water"

"Scared? Why?"

"Actually in childhood, I was drowned and was saved by a matter of second so from that day I have a fear of drowning that's why I didn't learn to swim"

"That means you should definitely go into the pool," he said leaving my waist and as I was on the edge there was a very high chance of me going directly into the water.

"Oh, No Atharva! Please no! I will drown. Please No!" I begged him not to push me by grabbing the collar of his t-shirt tightly as my life depends on it.

"Ok, Take a deep breath and relax. I will not push you. Ok? " he said and sticks me to his chest.

I did as he said and breathed to calm myself down. When my breath became normal he took me in his arms, raised me high.

"I will throw you into the pool" and he did as he said

"INHALE!" He shouted while throwing me.

I was in the pool with a loud splash. I instantly shut my eyes, ears, mouth, and nose. I was going down and down. I started to thrash my hands and legs here and there to save my life. That incident of childhood came running back to me. I was threatened to the core.

After a minute which felt like an eternity, Atharva tugged my arm and I was above the water. I was still thrashing my legs to save my life and was not ready to open my eyes. I was just busy in gasping air.

"Put your legs down" Atharva commanded.

But I didn't listen to him. I was too scared to stop my legs. I thought that I will drown if I stop my legs.

"Stop overacting Shreya and put your legs down, NOW!"

He commanded again but now in the same tone in which he used to command me when I was his employ. I am still a little scared of this tone so I instantly put my legs down and to my surprise, there was a floor below it. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around to find 1/4th of my body above the water. I left a shaky breath.