9. First meet

SHREYA'S POV

It is Saturday afternoon and I haven't started with my presentation yet.
Yes, you heard me right. The whole damn Friday I was just searching, analyzing, and summarizing the data 😭. Do hell with the schedule that I decided.

Don't be weak Shreya you can do it.

I opened my laptop and started with the first slide.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

At 4 PM

'Shreya, now put your work aside, and let's go with me'. Mom said from nowhere.

'Where?'

'For shopping'

'Excuse me, are you serious mumma. I am busy with such important work and you are saying to me to go and shop with you. I am not going with you. For sure'. I said to her and start working again.

'But beta, you are stick to this place from the morning. You even skipped your lunch. This much work is not good for your health and you already know that you fall ill very easily. So it is just a matter of some time. We will be back within an hour, I promise'.

'One hour' I said while emphasizing each word.
'No, I am not going to waste even one minute'.

'You know beta there is no grocery in the house. What will we eat tomorrow and your papa is also not there'.

'I don't know anything. Ask pados wali aunty (neighbors) for essentials, and tell her that we will return it in two days'.

'Ok then, I am going alone. You don't care for me even 1%. Last time I met with an accident while crossing the road. But whom I am talking to, whose work is more important than her mother'. She said while giving 36 types of expressions. Huh

Ohh God. I am literally getting irritated now.

'Mom now, please for God's sake stop your melodrama. I am coming in 10 minutes. And if you took even 1 minute more than 1 hour in the mall, I will definitely leave you there'. I warned her.

'Ok, now go and change'.

I got ready like really fast, wore the pair of jeans and top that were lying on the table, and left my hair as it is because I don't have time to waste it on tying my hair into a ponytail. Who cares?

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Atharva's POV

Ohh God this traffic. When will these nonsense people get some sense? What is the use of honking?

Wait a minute, who is that girl. I am not able to see the face of the girl properly because of this damn helmet. I think she is Shreya. She also has the same scooty.
But what is she doing here? Doesn't she have work to do? She has to present her branch on Monday and what is she doing here?
Enjoying traffic under the scorching sun?

I followed her to where she was going. She stopped in front of a mall, parked her scooty, removed her helmet, closed her eyes and tilted her head side by side to release her hair from the cage of the helmet and let them freely flow in the air.

'What a beautiful sight to view'. I muttered to myself.

She went inside with the lady which I guess is her mother. I also parked my car aside and went into the mall.

I was searching for her when I got the sight of that lady. Shreya was standing beside her and they both were talking. I was not able to see her face completely as her hairs were restraining the view.
But why I am behaving like a teenage boy Jo chup chup k apne crush ko dekhta hai (who sees his crush silently).
But Nah she is not my crush. She doesn't have anything to get the title of my crush.