30. Will you marry me?

Shreya's POV

"What is he doing here?"

Our eyes locked for a minute.

My mind gets distracted as everyone started clapping and hooting because jiju has asked the hand of Neha in a filmy style to bring her on the stage.

"Shreya beta where is the basket of flowers?" Neha's mother asked me for the flowers which she gave me to put safely.

"Auntiji it is in the room. Wait a minute I will bring them" I told her

"Ok, be quick"

"Ok auntiji"

I went to the room took the basket and turned to exit and collide with someone.

Oh God, why do I always bump into someone.

Some of the flowers jumped out of the basket.

I looked up and Mr. Kukkad was standing there, looking down at me.

Our faces were too close, his breaths were fanning my face. Thankfully, the basket was between us to maintain a distance.

He was examining my each and every feature very intently and then his eyes stopped on my lips. And chills ran down my body.

"Didi, Bua is asking for flowers"

12 years old Neha's cousin interrupted us.

"Oh yeah, let's go"

After a few steps I looked back and he was standing in his place staring me. Again chills ran down my body.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

After the ceremony of Jaimala (wedding garland) some guests started giving blessings to the couple and some started eating food.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and my heart jumped in my chest out of fear.

"Hii...recognized me?"

"Yes sir"

"Sir? Oh, come on don't call me sir. My parents gave me a sweet name when I was born and that is Prem. Call me that"

He extended his hand for a handshake.
I moved my hand for the same.

Mr. Kukkad too joined us. He looked at our hand and then to Prem angrily.

"Can I ask from who's side are you here?" Prem asked me ignoring him.

"I am from the bride's side. She is my best friend" I replied

"And we are from the Groom's side. He was our CA" Prem said

"Oh"

"Acha, acha, acha...now I got it why Athu dragged me here. How can I be so stupid to think that, that person will attend the wedding who has never attended one in his life" Prem said this all amused.

I was looking at him dumbfounded and he was looking at Mr. Kukkad.

"Can you keep your tape recorder off for a few minutes Prem" Finally he did something except standing and intimidating people from his eyes.

"No," Prem said and showed his tongue to him.

I wonder how water and fire can become best friends? One is so cool dude and the other is always ready to burst. Looks like he sits on flames.

"Leave this grumpy old man here. Let us go and have something" Prem said to me and intertwined his elbow with mine and walked towards the drinks corner.

He ordered two shots and offered me one.

"Thank you, but I don't drink," I said.
I am not going to touch this thing again in my life.