Violin Concerto 2nd movement

~ waiting, in a small coffee shop ~

Sipping my bubble tea, I look onto my phone. They're half an hour late. I hope they have a good excuse for letting a busy busy superstar wait.

With the ringing of the doorbell I look up to see them entering. Them? Him. It's only Brett? And he looks ... quite miserable?!

I jump up to greet him with a biiiiiiiig big big hug and he kind of disappears into my arms. 

"Hey Brett, little one, I'll buy you a drink, so sit down, okay?"

He nods, taking a seat while I walk up to the bar and get him his favourite tea with extra tapioca pearls. Returning, I see him peek onto his phone and putting it back into his pocket.

He gives me a tired smile and starts sipping his tea and I try to start a chat.

"So I saw you yesterday in the hall, did you enjoy the concert?"

His face lights up and he starts babbling overjoyed "oh my god how did you do that! I know you are a great violinist but what was that! The third movement punched me right into the face, I loooooved your interpretation and how can you play your tenth SO clear and in tune like that? And the runs, oh my, have you even ever played them slowly? They seemed SO natural for you, I bet you can play them deep asleep. Dude and the second movement? I almost cried. That was pure bliss, I could totally understand anyone falling in love with you hearing you play like that!"

I chuckle "so you fell in love with me, little one?" and see him blush. "What about Eddy? I kinda thought you both were daydreaming up there while I was serenading you two. How was the date?"

His blushed cheeks match his hoodie and he mumbles "no Eddy an... and I... yes actually, so.. yesterday, the date... thank you, Ray." 

I crack up and can't hold my laughter in. That's such a cute view right now! "Dude that was no sentence at all! But you're welcome, I guess?" wiping my tears away I add "and so it was a success?  And where is Eddy now?"

Brett mutters something I couldn't understand and looks down, my instinct goes on alert. So I stop laughing and reach over the table and take his hand, just in time with Brett's knight arriving at our table, asking "What are you doing to my Brett, Ray? That's my hand to touch!"

Looking up, I see a huffing Eddy standing there, Brett equally surprised and happy to see him here, jumps up, hugs him and ask "Why are you here? I thought you were so sore you didn't want to move!"

Did I catch that right? I thought I could trust my ears. Did he say that out loudly?

I must look like a car hit by a train, but seeing Eddy and Brett blush just confirm my thoughts. 

Yes, I could trust my ears. And I thought it woud be the other way.

Brett sits back down, pulling Eddy with him so they are now seated in front of me. I'm still baffled at the information and Eddy's face is SO red right now, shifting on his chair and Brett petting his back. 

Clearing my throat I ask again "And... the date was a success?" and see them both grin.