SPR

"Scissors, Paper, Rock! NOOOOOOOOO!!!"

I throw my arms up and lean defeated against the wall behind me. I just lost the ScissorsPaperRock while filming a new episode for twoset. "I'm going first!" Eddy decides, jumping happily around. I try not to listen so him play but I can't, I just love his sound... He's playing this memory challenge piece, made by Jordan so accurately. Getting my violin, I exclaim "I already feel defeated..." but Eddy, being the goof he is, just smiles into the camera, singing "You never know until Jordan reveals the answer!"

❀❀❀

"Scissors, Paper, Rock! Yes!!! WOOHOOOO!"

I jump over to the fridge and get the last piece of cheesecake out. I'm a sucker for the cake Eddy's mom bakes. She's an amazing baker and her cakes are the. Best. In. The. World.

Eddy pouts and watches how I eat this heavenly creamy cake bit by bit. Slowly teasingly I put one piece into my mouth and pull the fork out. Eddy groans and throws himself into the cushion on our couch. Aww. So I walk over, taking one bite of cake with me and sing "Come here, who's the best friend you could ask for?" And the moment he looks up to answer, I stuff the cake into his mouth. Happily chewing he says "My little Brettybrett!"

❀❀❀

"Scissors, Paper, Rock! NOOOOOOOOO!!!"

I slump down on the floor and stop moving. I have no reason to live anymore. I don't know why I'm here anymore. I should just vanish in a puddle of nothingness. I close my eyes but I can hear the bubbles being sucked through the straw and I can almost taste them, but... There's no bubble tea for me... Hands folded I'm lying on the floor.

"Bro, how can I give you a sip of this wonderful drink when you're lying on the floor?" Eddy's angelic voice reaches my ears and I jump up, almost tackling Eddy and taking a looooOoOoOooooOoooOoOng sip from the drink in his hand. "Dude, that was almost half of it!!!" Eddy laughs and pulls it away.

❀❀❀

"Scissors, Paper, Rock! Urgh. Okay?"

I sit down. I'm so nervous. We both had to say something but couldn't decide who goes first. Now I lost and Eddy's going to talk first. So I sit here, watch nervous Eddy pace through the room and chewing on his nails. I sit in silence. I was so sure to win this one. I wanted to let him know about my crush. I wanted to tell him how important he became to me. I wanted to ask him if he would like to become my boyfriend. But now I'm here, waiting for him to tell me something first. Ow my heart. But he's still running in circles and I'm waiting. "Eddy, you're alright?"

"Brett." He stops and turns to me "I don't know. I was so sure to win this one. I want you to know about my crush. I want to tell you how important you became to me. But I can't find the right words. I don't want to scare you or make you feel uncomfortable, but I think I want you to be my boyfriend."

I open my mouth, but close it without saying something. Then again, I open it but nothing comes out. So I put my fist in front of him. His hand joins mine.

"Scissors, Paper, Rock. Okay."

I take a deep breath, looking at my defeated hand. "Eddy, yes. I want that, too. I want to be your boyfriend and I wanted to tell you exactly the same."

❀❀❀

"Brett?" Eddy looks up from my lap. Cuddling on the couch, he almost fell asleep, even when the film wasn't even half through.

"Yes?" I play with his hair between my fingers.

"Would you have said no if you would've won the last SPR?"

I smile and pull his hand up to plant a kiss on it.

"Nah", I kiss every fingertip and knuckle of this beautiful hand "the answer would've been the same."

"Then what was the game for?" He chuckles.

"To only answer or directly kiss you."

"....damn."