FML

Soooo...this was written way back when I watched a video where they talked about the agreement not to talk behind the curtains on tour, just in case.
This happened in my mind and I'm not sure about it's realistic side but I still kinda like it?
So. Go ahead!

1.

The curtain is thick, red and gorgeous. I'm standing here, waiting for my cue to go on stage, but right now it's Sophie playing out there.

Since we agreed to not-to-talk backstage, we just stand here, side by side. Eddy shows a thumb up, telling me how much he likes Sophie's playing. Lowering his hand, he touches mine.

I feel a small lightning bolt go through my arm into my heart. Eddy's hand is already far away but my finger still tingles. Before I can look over to him, Sophie finishes her piece and it's my turn to go out. So I do.

Turning around on stage, I can see Eddy in the darkness of the curtain, staring at me.

I lift my violin up and start to play.

.

2.

Today's curtain is dark blue. And really really soft. I'm standing almost inside of the curtain, if that's even possible. Eddy's so close to me, I don't know how to breathe. We're not touching but I can almost feel his breath on my neck and I don't know why he's so near. But I'm quite excited about it.

The last chord of the piano fades away and I walk out, leaving Eddy behind the curtain.

.

3.

Our arms touch. Like, the whole arms. Eddy's practically leaning onto my side. With our height difference, my shoulder meets his upper arm but his hand is almost at mine. And almost touching.

No words. But he's so close, I can't even move away without falling onto stage.

.

4.

Dude, what's with him? Not that I mind but... I look down onto my hand. Our hands. They're not touching. They're intertwined.

I was waiting here, Eddy put his violin to the side and came back, grabbed my hand and now we're here, standing side by side, holding hands.

My heart pounds in my ears and I can feel how my hand becomes sweaty. But my arm feels too numb to move away.

I don't know how I left him, how I got on stage but now I'm here, trying to play the violin with a burning left hand.

.

5.

Today's our last concert at this blue curtain, tomorrow is the next stop. And my hands feel empty.

Eddy stands two feet apart from me but it feels like a mile. I glance over to him but he doesn't seem to notice. His eyes are glued onto Sophie, who's playing amazingly beautiful. But I feel lonely.

Looking back and forth between Eddy and Sophie, I try to stay calm. Soon I need to go out there. I will be fine.

With the last three bars of the piano, I almost yell my heart out. Almost. Luckily I was just inhaling so I didn't make a sound. Eddy put his arms around my shoulders and pulls me into a hug, short and strong.

Maybe I'm too simple. I walk onto the stage. I am happy.

.

6.

New day, new stage, new curtain. Uhm. New backstage not really a curtain, because it's wood. Nevermind. No, do mind. Because I might die. Leaning onto the wooden wall, I was waiting again. And Eddy came up again. But this time, he did this thing. Don? Kabe-Don.