Sticky Notes

In a time with smartphones, WhatsApp, FaceTime and Skype, do you remember the time without?
I do. Because I'm old. But you know what?
Our lovely bois are my age.
Have fun reading this lovely, very short non-digital story.

♡♡♡♡♡

Bro, you weren't home so I took the spare key to put this bubble tea into your fridge. See your later!

Where's my spare key now? Thanks for the boba!

I still have it, might get used to it, sneaking in when you've got rehearsals. Here, you forgot your rosin at mine.

Keep it. But do me a favor, could you close the windows when you leave?

Dude what did you do? It's still smelling like you roasted something!

Yeah, my viola.

No way it's still on the shelf. I like these notes, we're so old-school right now.

And I thought your last year at uni would be more difficult for us. Me working at night and you studying at daytime.

It's just a hassle to come over every time I want to leave a message for you...

You wanna move in? Thanks for another tea, btw.

Dude, so casual? YES.

Good, I really miss your face. Gonna make your moving this weekend?

♡♡♡♡♡

Eddy opens the lid of the tiny blue box and smiles. "Brett, you're still keeping these sticky notes?? They're almost 10 years old!"

I scoot up behind him and put my arms around his torso. "Yeah they're basically the beginning of our relationship. And I'll keep them forever. Because I am so glad you said yes. Did you know how much courage it took me to ask you?"

"And I never intended to return your 'spare' key" Eddy laughs and turns his head, giving me a light peck on my cheek and puts the box safely back into our closet.