What If?

"Come on, it has been ages since we got drunk together!" Eddy pulls my hand omygodhe'sholdingmyhandwtfushdbrowlslpforbahahajceomygodomygod to the door. We just finished rehearsing with our string quartet and are now heading back home - mine, apparently, because Eddy lives on the other side of campus but is dragging me straight towards my apartment.

Yeah and why's that? Because I'm afraid to blurt out things which should never ever leave my mouth, dude.

is exactly what I'm not saying and so I try to get out of this as long as I can. "Bro, I don't have anything at home! We can't get drunk with tea and water!" But Eddy is well prepared.

With a smirk he lets my hand go oh no... and opens his backpack, offering me one, two, three... "Dude, four bottles of wine? Who the hell's gonna drink them?!"

♡♡♡

"Okay did I ever tell you how annoying you are?"

Playing with one empty bottle, I sit on the ground, leaning onto Eddy's legs. He's half sitting half lying on the couch behind me. There is another empty bottle on the floor behind the table, the third one is now poured into our glasses. Did I ever mention how bad I am with wine?

Eddy giggles "No, Brett, tell me about it." and moves his glass so the wine swirls around.

"You live in your own pace and I envy you. You drag people around when you feel like, you flirt with everyone except me, you bring wine when you should know I can't Händel wine."

While I take a big gulp of my wine, he puts his glass down and with the same hand, starts to play with my hair. "Brett you can't handle any kind of alcohol. Don't talk my wine bad, it's actually quite the good one." And never ever stop playing with my hair while calling my name, dude.

"You come to stay over after you go out drinking with other guys, you sneak into my bed when you're cold and then you go out with other girls the next morning and you just always do what you want to do."

I stop my rambling and it's awfully quiet.

Oh no did I whine to much? Did I sound like an envious girlfriend? I take another sip of my glass and try to not talk again. I know he is awake without turning around, because his hand is still on my head, caressing and playing with my ear. My ear and it tickles but it feels so so so good!

"What if..." Eddy slowly opens his mouth "what if I tell you, that I'm not doing 'everything I want to do' when I'm doing all that things?" That air signs he made right onto my ear. And now my whole body tingles!

"What if..." he continues, propping himself up but still fondling my head "what if I needed to distract myself from what I really want to do?"

Eddy shifts and I sit up so he can move his legs. He comes down, squatting besides me and talking in a very deep, husky voice right in my face.

"What if..." his hand moves to my chin, turning my face into his gaze "what if all I wanted was to have excuses to be with you?"

Eddy's face closes the distance to mine and what is he thinking but I can't move his eyes are so beautiful and his look is stunning his hair is ruffled and hot why does he plants a kiss onto my lips.

Thank you. Good night. Good bye. Maybe I will die now. This must be heaven. It tastes like heaven. And Alcohol. Amazing. Good night.

Our lips don't part, they find the other ones again and again. My back against the couch, Eddy is straddling my legs and holds my head between his wonderful hands. My hands have a tight grip on the hem of his shirt I musn't let go of this. Never ever and I try to stay focused. The wine works his magic and I feel dizzy so I need to pull back, just to face the hot guy sitting on my lap and whisper "Eddy... You know what you're doing? Because I am afraid I will take advantage of this, of the wine, of you and maybe we should go sleep now."

Eddy pulls my hand omygodhe'sholdingmyhandwtfbutwekissedbutilovehishandsomygod to the bedroom. Did I put a blanket out for him? Yes. Did I get his sweat pants out which are living in my closet for quite a while now? Yes. So WHY DOES HE CRAWL INTO MY BED IN JUST HIS BOXERS?

"You're gonna be my death one day." I mumble and put my glasses down. I feel fatigue coming over me and I snuggle into Eddy's open arms, kissing his chest and with a "Good night Eddy" I'm out.

♡♡♡

OhmygodI'minEddysarmsandhesmellssogoodsyjbbrqaxvhuo and my head hurts. Damn.

I don't dare to move, for I wouldn't want Eddy to wake up. Okay we were drunk. But what was that about what if he needed distraction but then he kissed me? Or did I kiss him? Did he hold me the whole night in his arms? Why are we naked? Oh wait there are boxers. Okay. And did I dream his last words, was I already asleep when I heard him say "I love you"? My head hurts and I don't feel like moving. I want to run away, let Eddy wake up in peace and maybe he doesn't remember and that would be better. But my body won't move. It can't move, Eddy holds me in his embrace and now is pulling me even closer. He's awake?!

"Don't run away, Brett. Good morning to you too." I'm not moving, how did he know I am awake?

Eddy gives me a kiss on my forehead. "I just happen to know you a bit better than you would admit." he chuckles and snuggles into my hair.

And then I notice.

His heart beats quickly. Sacrilegiously quickly.

I sneak my arms around him and ask "Everything alright?" and feel him take a deep breath before I hear a small "What if I am nervous?"

"Why, you're clearly not the one, having a huge crush on his best friend, hiding it for the last years and now lying in his naked embrace after a night with too much alcohol."

"Dude, we're not naked." He giggles but seems to relax a bit.

I look up to his gorgeous laughing face "Really, Eddy? That's the thing you point out?"

He tips his nose onto mine and for a minute the times stands still before he asks "Brett, what about this crush? Wanna make him your boyfriend?" And my whole body becomes red.

"I..uh....you...my...uh" I melt into his warm embrace and mumble some words into his chest, I can't find words but Eddy gives my head another kiss. "Brett?"

I inhale and ask "What if I don't want you to be my boyfriend? What if I'm too afraid our friendship might break?"

The hug becomes tighter around me and now Eddy's face is snuggled up into the crook of my neck. There he starts to give light kisses into my skin and a tingly shiver runs down my spine.

With a small nibble at my neck OH wow.... no, Eddy... he mumbles "What if I won't give you a No as an option?" and pulling away, he looks me into the eyes. God, his eyes. "I'm afraid, too. But it's up to us. And together we're invincible. Don't underestimate my love for you."

This boi's gonna be my death one day.

♡♡♡