Don't Touch Me

"Noooo go away" Eddy whines, turning away.

It's 6am and the sun shines through the curtains, the birds are already up and singing. There's no cloud on the sky and it's already hot af.

Thanks to the high humidity, the bedsheets stick around our bodies like second skin. My hand sneaks over again and touches Eddy's back, his sweaty skin. "Eddy I can't sleep anymore, it's too hot!" I declare, patting his back. Everytime I take my hand off his skin, there's this squishy sound of sweaty skin leaving. Squish.

Eddy mumbles something into his pillow, sounding like "Dnnnnb fnmsh mn" and my hand wanders up to his neck, fingers into his hair. "Honey I don't understand you", I smile and sneak up, so my bare chest sticks onto his back. Squish.

"I said, don't touch meee!" Eddy laughs and tries to pull away but yelling "Don't underestimate a koala!" I cling onto his body and thanks to the weather, our bodies melt into one. Squish. The gross kind of melting.

Eddy grabs my hands on his chest and pulls them apart, turning himself around, facing me. Now our chests stick together Squish but Eddy pushes me away, laughing "Dude it's too hot for cuddling and I'm still tired!"

I pout playfully and with a "duh. You're lame." I sit up. Eddy, still lying on his pillow, looking up with his eyes "You know what's lame? Canon in D."

The moment he realizes what he has done, it's already too late. Sitting in our bed, I start to sing Pachelbel's Canon. But only the Cello line.

I'm only 7 bars in when Eddy tackles me down onto the mattress. Squish. And silences me with a kiss. "Brett." Kiss. "Let" kiss "me" kiss "sleep." Kiss.

I snuggle into his arms. Squish. "Okay."