04

The Great Escape

Izuku tries to suppress his shaking as he walks to class for the fifth day. Today is the day they stop playing nice, and break free of this wretched place.

Don't get him wrong, the food is absolutely fantastic. But... that's about it? Some classmates are alright, but being anywhere near Katsuki is down right shitty, and he's tired of the cheesy smiles All Might gives him everyday. Sometimes, Izuku wishes he ended the pro heroes career himself. Just for the satisfaction of knowing.

He decides the best way to keep his hands from vibrating is to clasp them together like an unimpressed boss, and power walk down the hallway. The faster he can get to class, the more distractions.

Dabi and Shigaraki are talking in the hall with hushed whispers, about the escape plan, probably. Dabi gives Izuku a wink as he passes, and the greenette nods.

Today.

He steps into class right after Kirishima, the redhead holding the door open for him like the gentlemen he is.

Thanks." Izuku's breathless, but sticks to his small smile only policy anyway and rushes to his seat. Shoving his annoying bag onto the floor, he sinks into the cold chair with a sigh.

"Hey," Toga leans over to whisper in his ear, "We meet at my room tonight. 'Kay?" Izuku gives her a sly thumbs up, and winks like Dabi did earlier.

"Yeah, sure."

"Guys, shush." Toga whispers from the other side. After curfew, the security around UA only increases tenfold. In order to sneak out, she had to tie her sheets together, making a semi-stable rope for the boys to climb up on, using herself as an anchor on the opposite side of the forbidden wall. Unlike the "men," she's somehow the only one who can scale a wall this high. Bummer.

Izuku collapses bonelessly against the brick wall. Who knew it hopping a wall was so much work? He's the last one, so he reels the bubblegum sheets in, bunching them into one great big ball. Passing it to Dabi, the greenette adjusts his plain black sweatshirt so it doesn't twist around his waist, "I almost died trying to climb this dumb thing."

"I think that's the point." Dabi says, stuffing the sheets into Toga's backpack. Izuku can tell he's worried about getting caught from the sheer force used to shove the makeshift rope into her green bag, pushing her into the ground with it. A particular hard shove makes her right leg give out.

"Ow, you bitch! I have bad knees," she whines. Dabi huffs for a sorry, and shoves the sheets a little less. The raven haired boy taps her bag twice, letting her know he's done.

"Lets roll."

"Yes! Lets roll...right back into the dorms for a full nights rest!"

...All Might?

The five of them freeze. All Might, Mr. Aizawa, and Katsuki (for some reason) are all standing behind then, radiating with disapproval. Minus Katsuki of course, who has this dumb, smug look on his face.

"Fuck." Dabi groans, and shoves his face into a patchwork hand.

Shigaraki tears at his hair, "No, no, no, no, no! This wasn't supposed to happen! We were supposed to escape! Be free! Why are you here?!"

(See? A whiny, spoiled brat.)

"Well, Young Bakugou here happens to have some pretty big ears, overheard Miss Toga and Young Midoriya talking in class and decided to do some investigating on his own." All Might's laugh is loud and obnoxious and he gives the ash blond congratulatory pats on the back. Katsuki's holding this confident and condescending grin on his face that makes Izuku's blood boil. Who said he could stand with his back that straight?

Dabi sighs, "Good fucking going, you two." But Izuku doesn't respond, too laser focused on the enemy in front of him.

"I'll rip you to shreds." Izuku threatens. His voice is steady, the only sign of his rage being the flickering green that surges around his body like a whirlwind.

"Oh yeah? I'd like to see you try," Katsuki faces his palms towards his target and slides a foot back, ready to fire.

Mr. Aizawa sighs, "Enough of this. You five are in big trouble. Come with me." Izuku glares at the sleepy pro hero, but follows after the others reluctantly.

The walk back to the dorms is relatively silent, the only sound being the crunch of premature leaves under their shoes and the occasional wisk of Shigaraki's black windbreaker. When they enter the common room, the lights are already on, and they're told to sit on the couch and wait to hear what their punishment will be.

"Some friend you got there, huh Midoriya?" Dabi jokes and gestures towards Katsuki.

Izuku growls, not taking his eyes off the back of the ash blond's fat head, "We're not friends."

Toga sighs, "You're always such a grump." She tries to cross her arms over her chest, but whines when the handcuffs kept her from doing so. Izuku looks down at his own and tries to curl a fist. He doesn't even have enough room to close it.

"I see the world for how it is, and it's a piece of shit." He's definitely pouting like a four year old toddler, but he doesn't care. This is literally the worst possible situation Izuku could be in right now. Death would be better.

"Your punishment has been decided." Mr. Aizawa turns to the five of them, and Toga gulps next to the greenette.

"Kinky!" Twice exclaims. Izuku snorts under his breath.

Unfortunately for them, Mr. Aizawa's unfazed by everything,"We will create a buddy system. Each one of you will be assigned to a UA student who will be in charge of you at all times. They'll walk you where you need to go, and you're not allowed to be out of your rooms without them. Understood?" So...like a caretaker?

A babysitter?

Do they think he's a child?

"That's bullshit. I don't need some goody two-shoes breathing down my neck twenty-four/seven." Izuku rages. Subconsciously, his body tries to activate his quirk, and white hot pain shoots up his arms, "...Ow." he flinches quietly. Stupid quirk-blocking handcuffs.

Dabi leans over to him, "Midoriya, I don't think we have much of a choice." he whispers.

Izuku gives him an incredulous look, and shoves the heavy cuffs into the cremators chest, "Yeah, I got that by now."

Mr. Aizawa pulls out a ring of keys and begins to unlock their handcuffs one by one. Izuku curls and flexes his hands, content that he finally has some type of mobility again.

"Now, one more stunt like this and it's back to your cells you came from, got it?" The villains let out unamused 'yes's, and are told they can head back to their rooms. Katsuki heads towards his dorm, turning around when he realized Izuku's not following.

Katsuki raises a blond eyebrow, "You coming?"

Sighing, the greenette falls into step behind him.

"You're a dumbass, trying to run off like that," The ash blond continues. Izuku glares holes into his head, but doesn't respond. He doesn't find it necessary. But apparently, Katsuki does, "Oi nerd, don't ignore me." He presses the up button on the elevator, and now they wait for it to ding.

Just to spite him, Izuku doesn't answer again.

The ash blond goes to wack him back to the present, but the greenette catches his arm with a flickering green hand. "Touch me, and I'll break your arm." Fear flashes across Katsuki's face before it's protected by anger. Satisfied, Izuku drops his arm.

Ding!

Izuku has half a mind to wait for the next elevator, but it's late and he's exhausted and grumpy. So both both boys squeeze into the tense, metal box, neither of them saying anything.

Much better than Katsuki running his big fat mouth all the time.