18

Politics & Violence

"Midoriya, dude, please tell me you did the english homework." Kaminari scrambles down the halls with three notebooks in his arms, loose paper slapping him in the face with every hurried step.

Izuku thinks. Yes, he did his english homework on the bus ride back from the hotel, so he didn't have to do it over the weekend, "Yeah." A look of relief washes over the blond's face.

"Oh thank fuck."

"How long did it take you to do the back?" Kirishima asks, "It was so hard. Took me an hour."

Shit, Izuku didn't even flip the page. He blinks dumbly, "There's a back?"

The relief on Kaminari's face crumbles, "You-wha? Midoriya!" He collapses to the floor dramatically, "This was all riding on you!" The loose papers scatter like cockroaches, and Izuku can't help but feel a little bad for the boy at his feet.

"You can copy mine," Kirishima offers, but Kaminari glares at him.

"No. You get too many answers wrong. Midoriya gets all of them right, so I can pick which ones to get off. Duh," Izuku snorts. He guesses that's fair.

He looks at Kaminari, who's still staring at the ground hopelessly, "Well if you don't get up, you'll be tardy and homework-less," he nudges the blond with his foot, "C'mon."

The two of them help Kaminari gather his papers into a neater pile than before, and semi-speed walk to class before the bell rings. If they're late, then they're dead. (No one, not even Izuku, enjoys an angry Mr. Aizawa. No one.)

But just as they're rounding the corner, "-I will not have my son attend this school if you all continue to run it the way it is! They are a safety hazard!"

The colorful trio peek their heads around the corner, curious. There's a tall, beanstalky woman poking an angry, witchy finger in their homeroom teacher's unimpressed face. Mr. Aizawa, along with Principal Nezu and Midnight stand guard in front of their classroom door. The boys pull back.

"What do we do?" Kaminari whispers, "Just sit here?" Izuku nods. It seems to be the only thing they can do.

Mr. Aizawa bravely volunteers to take the woman head on, "Ma'am with all do respect, you must understand that they are kids, just like the rest o-"

"Kids with criminal records! Kids with blood on their hands! These aren't just kids, devils in tiny little bodies are what they are." She glares through a hole between teachers at something Izuku can't quite see. "I ought to pull my son straight out of your school, and sue all of you for endangering his life!" Izuku blinks. Can you even sue someone for that?

He shrugs. Why not?

The UA staff tense at the mention of more legal troubles. Principal Nezu tries next, "We went through great legal lengths to allow these few villains to step foot on our campus. We have faith that we can put them on the right path towards a long, successful life."

But the woman only seems to get angrier. Izuku wonders if her yelling can be heard all the way down the hall at this point. "The right path towards what? They're villains! They kill because it's fun, and you're going to put two in the same class as my son? Are you crazy?!" She stomps her foot like a kid throwing a tantrum, "That broccoli haired boy has ended so many lives! Destroyed so many families! And you think of giving him a second chance?!"

Izuku shrugs. He's never really thought about how he's affected others lives, he tries not to. Rule number one of being an assassin: emotions are a big no no. Sympathy and Empathy only cause sloppiness and hesitation. Kill without batting an eye, and it's much easier to stare at a dead corpse.