25

A Hero's First Steps

"Kacchan, harder!"

"Fuck-

"Right there!"

Katsuki stills, eyes screwed tight as he groans, "Stop telling me what to do, you fucking nerd!"

Izuku crosses his arms, "Then listen the first time, Kacchan." Sometimes, his stomach bubbles when he yells at Katsuki. Like he can't get everything he needs to say out at once.

He follows Katsuki's gaze to the CPR dummy that stares at the sky innocently. If it was a real person, they'd be dead by now. The ash blond glares at him, "You act like you know everything," Izuku wants to cry. That's how frustrated he is.

"I read an entire book on physiology, I think I know a little something." His voice drips sarcasm.

Katsuki's top lip curls into an angry sneer, "Clearly you villains have a lot of time on your hands." Izuku shrugs.

"It's a lot of sitting around doing nothing, and killing when you feel like it." That's not exactly right, but Katsuki doesn't need to know that. When he rolls his eyes but says nothing, the greenette knows he's won the argument. He focuses back on the dummy in front of them.

In hero training today, they're learning CPR. (Izuku feels like this should've definitely been taught the first week of school, but it's whatever.) The majority of the kids already know how it's done, so it's mostly about the teachers making sure they know how to do it properly.

Exhibit A: Katsuki Bakugou.

The ash blond goes to push on the dummy one more time, but Izuku stops him, "Not on his neck."

Katsuki rolls his eyes, "Why? That's where he fucking breaths out of, right?" And at this point, Izuku's done. All for One please come kill him already.

"I-technically, yes," Izuku exhales through his nose, "But you're just going to destroy his windpipe. You have to press on his chest. Where the lungs are."

"The fuck are you acting all annoyed for?" Katsuki growls. Izuku resists the urge to roll his eyes.

"I'm not annoyed, I'm just-" An ear-splitting panic alarm wails through the speakers, signifying a breach.

A thin cloud of purple smoke rises climb the sky behind gym Gamma. Even the sun struggles to stay visible as it filters through in thin lines. "Stay back," Mr, Aizawa warns, putting his hand over Iida's chest. "Head to the main building and stay inside. Got it?" Iida nods dutifully, and herds the rest to their classroom.

As they're running down the UA halls, a shadow shifts the corner of Izuku's eye. An ominous door creaks open, but his eyes stay focused ahead.

The greenette catches up with Sero and Iida in the front, "Where are we going?"

"Back route," Iida explains, "If there are more villains and we are their target, they will probably station themselves around our homeroom accordingly."

"We can never be too careful. Plus no one can get us from behind either because Bakugou and Kirishima got the rear." Sero adds. Izuku nods and looks forwards.

Kaminari falls in line with the trio, "Um, Toga's gone."

"What?!" Iida, Sero and Izuku all screech in tandem. They halt to a stop footsteps and the rest of the classmates catch up quickly in the process.

Izuku grabs the electric teen by his dumb white collar, growling through grit teeth, "Why didn't you fucking say something sooner?!"

Kaminari's nimble fingers yank at his wrist, but Izuku's not moving until he has answers, "C-Chill dude, you run fast."