29

Operation BakuDeku

"I need...help," Katsuki explains. Denki leans against his doorframe, and it pisses Katsuki off. Why does he have to come to Pikachu again? He knows the electric blond is supposedly the Class 2-A 'love doctor', or whatever, but he's also a fucking idiot. Pros, cons.

Denki gasps, feigning shock and ultimately making Katsuki want to blast him into the solar system. "What? Katsuki Bakugou needs help?" He shuts up when the ash blond's palms start to smoke. Maybe Katsuki was wrong. Maybe he should just turn around, go back to his dorm, and die with this crush like he originally intended to.

But...what if Deku likes him back?

So Katsuki bites his tongue and invites himself into Denki's room, which is just as messy as always. He pushes the cheetah print blanket that's already halfway off the shitty dorm bed and sits, "I think," Katsuki takes a deep breath. This is tough, "I think I wanna date him."

Neon yellow eyes light up and this time, Denki gasps for real, "Really?" Katsuki nods, "Well, I'm honored that you chose me to help you confess." Confess? Oh no, that's not what he meant at all!

"No, you fucking idiot," he bonks Denki on the head, "He's gonna confess to me."

Denki's eyebrows furrow, "But...how-?"

"You can fucking flirt, I've seen you," Katsuki points an accusatory finger at his nose, "Just tell me what to fucking do." Denki blinks. Katsuki hears the gears turning in his head as he puts his request in motion.

"Okay, um...first we should probably get more opinions on it, right? Mina's really good at flirting!"

Katsuki studies Denki's eyes, searching for any hint of him joking. The ash blond half expects him to bust out a mini party popper and yell, 'just kidding!' but it doesn't happen.

"Fuck no." Katsuki shakes his head like a maraca.

And Denki has the gall to pout, "Why not?'"

"Look, just because you're the resident slut does not mean I-"

"Hey! I'm not the resident slut, I just like dick-"

"Whatever, I don't fucking care, I'm not telling anyone else about this dumb ass crush!" He yells. Katsuki hops onto his feet so he doesn't burn the bed. Just like he predicts, his palms crackle.

Denki sighs like Katsuki's being the annoying one, and stands up to look him in the eye, "Look, if you're gonna tell Midoriya how you feel, they'll probably find out anyway, so," Katsuki glares at him. He does have a point.

"Fine," he huffs, "But if they tell anybody, and I mean anybody, Your ass is dead. Got it?" Katsuki makes sure to enunciate every word through his grit teeth, talking as slow as his anger would allow just so the simple instructions will actually get through Denki's half fried brain. He's never been more serious.

Denki salutes, "Yessir! They're in Mina's room right now if you wanna go?" They? Great. What has Katsuki gotten himself into?

He makes a bee-line to the exit, hands shoved in his pockets, "How the hell do you even know that? Fucking stalker." Denki glides under his arm to open the door.

"Or, I just read the group chat," he winks. Katsuki rolls his eyes and follows him to the elevator.

The trip to Mina's room didn't take long, maybe five minutes. It felt like an eternity, and Katsuki's heart beats so thinks he might go into cardiac arrest. But, Denki's already banging on the door so there's no point in living in the past.