38

Noir et Blanc

Katsuki lost Izuku in the flurry of heroes when they rush All For One's hideout. He knows the kids fine on his own, and that he shouldn't worry, but it's hard not to.

"Bakugou, duck!" He doesn't know who said it, but he squats just in case. A sword flies over his head. Damn, that would've cut his head off clean. "What are you doing idiot?!" Eijirou blocks Spinner from cutting him straight down his spine. Katsuki stands to his feet.

"Don't call me an idiot, idiot."

The red head glares at him, "Not the time, dude." Blue fire almost cremates his right side, and Katsuki yelps.

"Dabi! Watch where you're aiming!" Eijirou hollers. The ravenette rubs the back of his head sheepishly.

"Ha, sorry."

The unbreakable hero pats him on the back, "Don't sweat it. Just...look before you fire, alright?" The ex-villain nods, and runs back into the fight. Katsuki watches, frozen still.

When did he get so heroic? Katsuki gnaws at the inside of his cheek. Eijirou used to be so much...worse than him, and now he's calling the shots?

The fuck is this?

Denki bumps into his back, preoccupied helping Asui take down Moonfish together. "Oh shit, sorry dude. Asui, you ready?!" He yells. Katsuki can tell he's fully charged, because the ash blond hairs on the back of his neck stand like needles.

The frog hero's tongue is wrapped around Moonfish's body, but slides back into her mouth after Denki's words, "Yep, ribbit."

"Perfect," the electric blond slides in front of Katsuki and points in Moonfish's general direction. But Moonfish is faster, and his teeth come barreling towards the duo at high speeds.

"Watch out." A barrier of whitish-blue protects the blond's from being skewered on the spot. Moonfish howls when his teeth dig into solid ice.

"Untouched flesh..." he hisses, "Not enough blood. I must...No. Finish the job..."

Denki turns to the heterochromatic hero, "How thick is your ice?"

"Thick enough," Todoroki responds, "Why?"

"'Cause I still got a shit ton of electrical buildup over there. It won't take much to knock him out in one shot."

Todoroki nods, and starts to melt the ice, "Be my guest."

Denki turns to Katsuki with a cheeky smile and a thumbs up, "He's toast." When the ice seems to be thin enough, the electric blond points his finger at the unsuspecting villain, "And...shoot!"

A fat burst of yellow electricity fires from the tip Denki's finger, frying Moonfish in one go. The villain collapses into a heap of steaming flesh.

Denki beams, "See? Toast." The police hurry over to cuff the villain and throw him into the truck. Back to Tartarus he goes. The students turn on their heels, and rush back into the fight. All except for one.

Katsuki stands there, feeling frozen in time as he watches the event unfold in front of him. Without him.

It's like he's been running down a dark tunnel for miles, but he hasn't moved a god dammed inch.

Eijirou and Dabi are double teaming Stain, while Denki, Asui, and Todoroki remain a team and assist Mr. Aizawa with Mr. Compression. Even Round Cheeks is fighting her ass off with some pro hero he doesn't recognize.

Since when has Katsuki become...so useless?

Another burst of blue fire grazes Katsuki's side, this time singing his elbow. The ash blond jumps.