19

Curiosity Killed the Cat

At 2 am, every thought is a rational thought.

2 am is when you finally muster up the strength to kiss their crush. 2 am is when when you egg an ex's house or prank call the police department. 2 am is when Katsuki Bakugou decides to raid the principles office in search of answers, because his childhood enemy turned villain keeps getting all this dumbass attention for doing nothing. Like, seriously.

Who died and made shitty Deku king?

Katsuki makes sure to hide his face in his grey sweatshirt as he creeps down the hallway. Ears on high alert and breathing shallow, he rounds the corner into the first year halls. He presses his back against the wall like he's trying to blend in like a chameleon, and eyes his target.

Principal Nezu's mahogany office door stands tall at the end of the hallway, looming ominously. Katsuki's heart thrums in his chest and his hands are sweaty, so he wipes them onto his sweatpants, making a mental note to wash them later.

Click click click.

The alarming sound of sneakers against marble floors echo through the building, and a jolt of panic pierces the ash blond's chest. Katsuki ducks into a janitors closet in the corner, keeping it cracked so he can see who the culprit is.

A flash of firetruck red darts past his small line of vision, "Oi, Shitty Hair," Katsuki rasps through the crack, and opens the door the slightest bit so Eijirou knows where the sound is coming from. The red head keeps on walking though, so this time Katsuki speeds out of the closet, yanks his friend by the hood, and pulls him into what seems to be Katsuki's new favorite hiding spot.

What's with him dragging boys into closets anyway?

He feels the red head tense under him, so Katsuki slams a hand around his mouth in case he tries anything funny. (Like screaming.) "Shut up, it's me." It's a harsh whisper, not a very comforting sound at all, but Katsuki's not a very comforting guy, now is he?

Eijirou relaxes under his grip, and Katsuki rips his hand off, "Holy shit dude, I thought I was gonna die!" He whispers back. The ash blond rolls his eyes, but stays on topic.

"Who else is with you?" They're both definitely too close for comfort, Katsuki can feel Eijirou's hot ass breath on his nose.

Eijirou's clothes rustle in the dark, "No one..? I don't think. I've been here for like, ten minutes. I just needed a binder so..." Katsuki feels him shrug.

"Fucking useless," the explosive teen groans, shoving his head into his hands. Who was he to think he actually lucked out. Whatever. Katsuki shoos him out of the janitors closet, but the other swats his hand away.

"Why? What're you doing?" Nosy, as always.

"None of your fucking beeswax. Go back to bed, Shitty Hair." Katsuki shoves the red head out the door with force this time, tip toeing out himself to finish what he came here to do. He checks the hallway one more time. It's still empty.

Katsuki exhales. He's already annoyed that his little run-in with his somewhat of a "friend" cost him five of his precious minute, but creeps down the long hallway anyway.

"Where are we going?" Katsuki jumps so hard he lands on his ass, rolling his eyes when he hears Eijirou snort behind him. This is why he does shit alone.

"Fucking-Why are you still here?" He growls and rubs his backside, although he doesn't know what hurts more. His ass, or his dignity.

The red head fails to snuff his laughter behind his palm, "I'm not just gonna let you do stupid stuff alone! If you're going down, I'm going down with you, best friend!" Eijirou's eyes burn with passion as he pulls down a determined forearm from the air, like he's the conductor of a train.