09

Deku vs Kacchan

Hero training starts right after lunch, which Izuku doesn't like. It doesn't give his stomach enough time to digest anything, barely even lets the food finish traveling down his esophagus, and he's stuck with a cramp before training even begins. Are heroes masochists?

He and Toga are given PE uniforms to wear during training, and for once his clothes actually fit. A bummer, really.

They're at Ground Beta, which is a gym with an indoor city dedicated to teach heroes how to fight in heavily populated areas. There were skyscrapers, small strip malls and restaurants. (It's bougie, he knows.)

Class 2-A stand in front of an intimidating abandoned building, roughly 11 stories high. If Izuku had to guess.

"Hello heroes!" All Might cheers, "Welcome to hero training! Today we'll be playing heroes vs villains! You will be put in groups of two. On my say so, the brave heroes will enter the building and have twenty five minutes to find the villains, and disable the bomb. All you have to do to disable the bomb is simply touch it, and you win. Villains will be given 5 minutes to choose their hideout and plant their explosive." He finishes.

Izuku shrugs, this shouldn't be too bad. As long as he was a villain, he wouldn't have to do much work. Plus, it's not like he'd make a good hero anyway, this whole VPR thing is a lost cause. All Might calls out the teams:

"Ten'ya Iida and Mina Ashido as the heroes, vs Yuga Aoyama and Tsuyu Asui as the villains,"

"Shoto Todoroki and Koji Koda as the heroes, vs Rikido Sato and Kyoka Jirō as the villains..." Izuku zones out after that, because there are too many people in the class and he doesn't want to listen to all of it. He reminds his subconscious to keep an ear out for his name, and stares at the clouds.

"Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugou as the heroes, vs Ochaco Uraraka and Denki Kaminari as the villains."

Well that's stupidly cliche.

Scowling, Izuku makes intense eye contact with his least favorite person and wishes he and Denki could've switched places so he can pulverize Katsuki instead.

All the students head inside except for Iida, Ashido, Aoyama, Asui, and All Might. Kirishima and Kaminari have to drag away a fuming Izuku by the arms, "I'll kill him." He seethes, his eyes trained on the retired hero.

"Midoriya, dude, you gotta calm down. If you kill him then you'll go to jail!" Kirishima reasons prettily.

Izuku lets them pull him away. He can kill All Might with a single finger, he's got time, "And jail's looking like fucking heaven right now."

Kaminari snorts, "Your always so...calm. And then anything happens involving Katsuki and you turn into...this."

Izuku swats them away and stomps up the rest of the stairs, boots rattling rusty metal on his way up.

He hates hero school.

There are times like these when Izuku wishes he could destroy the whole world with one blow.

He and Katsuki walk into the abandoned building in a stiff silence, Izuku's red boots scuffing against the cement floor as he drags his unwilling feet forwards. Recently, he's discovered the P.E. jumpsuit has pockets, and takes full advantage of them. He watches how Katsuki's back flexes as he walks, and how the silver metallic neck braces gleam under the artificial light. "You look a car crash victim." Izuku thinks out loud.

(He's not wrong. The metallic thingies look like a neck brace. Sue him.)

He knows he's hit a sore spot from the way the ash blond's shoulder's tense. Katsuki glares over his shoulder, "You couldn't beat me if you tried, nerd." Izuku never said even say anything about beating him, he just dissed the hero costume. Geez.