30

Be Positive

Katsuki's been acting really weird. Like, really weird.

"Oi nerd, your hair's nice today I guess."

"Your smile is white as shit."

"You're...okay to be around. Sometimes."

And Katsuki's friends keep looking at him. Izuku wonders if they're making fun of him.

Either way, he, Kaminari and Kirishima are the only ones in class right now. Izuku always arrives early, at least thirty minutes, because he just naturally gets up early and has nothing better to do than wait. Except when he walks in the classroom today, there are two filled desks. Which is...unusual, to say the least.

"Hey Midoriya!" Kaminari waves energetically. Izuku's ears ring, it's too early for his kind of energy. So he gives the electric blond a shy wave, and sits down. He doesn't need to say anything right?

But alas, Kaminari and Kirishima creep over slowly like they're approaching an abused puppy, "So," Kaminari slinks into the desk in front of him, "How's life?"

The greenette raises an eyebrow, "Um, good?" He can feel Kirishima standing behind him, all six feet of him, and it's really stressing Izuku out.

"Good good," Kaminari head bobs for a nod, and eyes Kirishima behind him. Izuku narrows his eyes, what are they planning?

Curious, he decides to continue the conversation, "...How are you two?"

"Solid, thanks."

"Great!" So Kaminari's a morning person, got it.

There's a pause. "So...interested in anything lately?" Kaminari's whacked on the head by Kirishima and whines, "Ow, what was that for?"

Rolling his eyes, the red head drags him to the opposite side the room and they start whispering suspiciously. Izuku cocks his head in confusion. Oh, what he'd give for some type of super hearing quirk right about now. Kaminari's arms are flailing wildly (when are they not?) and Kirishima's shaking his head in...disappointment? Shame? Izuku can't tell.

The electric blond shuffles back over, "Midoriya, what's your ideal type?"

If Izuku had water, he'd do a spit take. Feeling his face heat up, he struggles for an answer, "I-uh, I dunno..."

"C'mon," Kaminari splays himself across Izuku's desk and the greenette jumps, "Everyone's got a type, right?" Kirishima radiates disapproval from his corner: arms crossed, face twisted head shaking like a disappointed mother.

"I...guess." Izuku looks down at his fingers. Relationships have always seemed...too far out of his reach. He doesn't think about that stuff at all. It makes him uncomfortable. Kaminari whines.

Kirishima finally wanders over to them, "Don't push him dude."

"Yeah, I know, but-"

"Oi, why'd you make me fucking rush? There's literally no one here." A growl comes from the entrance Izuku can't see because Kirishima's standing in his way. He doesn't need to though, he recognizes the voice.

"Ah yes," Kaminari hops off the desk and swivels on his foot, "I gotta pee!" Izuku scrunches his nose. He didn't need the details.

Kirishima, who seems wholly done and disappointed, drags Kaminari out of the classroom by his hoodie grumbling something about how Katsuki was right. (About what?)

Katsuki's eyes follow them out, and remain trained on the door well after their departure. Like he's trying to summon them back with his mind. "Motherfucker," he mumbles, storming to his seat. "Did they say anything?"