14

Limits

"Okay," Mt. Lady claps, "Today we'll be working on damage control, since some of you seem to not know what that means." She eyes Katsuki for a second, and he scowls. So what, he causes a little damage from time to time? Last time he checked, the amount of highways she's destroyed on accident greatly outweighs the few times that he might've gone a little too far.

The students enter a tall skyscraper in the heart of downtown, and Katsuki's immediately overwhelmed by the smell of new upholstery. The walls are so sterile white that no one wants to touch them, even with clean hands. All the furniture is either creme or black, and Katsuki can't help but feel like he's on the set of Men In Black.

The elevator is huge enough to accommodate all the students comfortably. All twenty one of them. It buzzes instead of dings, and the doors slide open to another painfully white room.

It's bigger than the hotel lobby, in both width and height. Mt. Lady types in a code on a device that looks strangely similar to the machines you put your name in at a bowling alley, and the room hums a faint blue. It's somewhat cold, the frigid air replacing Katsuki's abnormally high body heat without his consent. He wraps his arms around himself and surpasses a shiver.

"This is a simulation room," Mt. Lady announces.

It's not uncommon for heroes to train in simulation rooms. The walls and floor are high and white and there's a projector built in to the center of the ceiling that can manipulate the area around them via computer. It kind of reminds Katsuki of Cerebro from X-men.

"Each of you will be fighting in arena's expected to be highly populated. Your grade depends on how much damage you avoid, not how fast you win." Her eyes shift over to Katsuki for a second (again), "But that doesn't mean you shouldn't just sit here. Fight like this is the real deal, Kapeesh?" She gives the class a thumbs up, but they blink back innocently. "This is when you say Kapeesh back," she growls, mood instantly souring. That's fast.

"Kapeesh!" Kaminari yells behind Katsuki exceptionally loud, saluting her in the process. She gives him a thankful smile, and ushers all of them out of the door so she can list off the teams.

"Dude, I know what you're trying to do. But trust me, you'll regret all of it." Mineta whispers, shivering in memory of his first internship. The electric teen gives him a weird look, but shrugs anyways.

So, Deku's fighting Half 'n Half.

But that's not the issue. The issue is that Katsuki is being dragged to watch their dumb ass fight against his own will.

Usually, the ash blond hides in the break room, or even the bathroom, just anywhere far, far away from the annoying extras that gather in the observation room. Unfortunately for him, today's different.

"Fuckin'-let go of my damn arm, Shitty Hair!" But the red head activates his quirk to make sure Katsuki can't escape as he drags him up the stairs. It rips the neck of the standard PE uniform they're all forced to wear, but he pays no mind.

Eijirou shakes his head, yanking him up onto the platform, "Nu-uh. You promised you'd come watch next time."

Katsuki throws his head back and groans. He only agreed to shut up him up! Eijirou was pouting all week because his damn goldfish died, and of course it he went to Katsuki first.

He didn't expect the dumb ass to actually hold him to it.

Eijirou shoves the heavy black door open. Students and teachers crowd around a giant, three framed plexiglass window, a few turning around upon their entry.