45

One Last Time

'Katsuki Bakugou, please report to the principal's office right away.' Principal Nezu says on the loudspeakers. It's lunch anyway, not that he's eating, so he ups right out of his seat and bee lines for the door, without giving his friends so much as a goodbye, or a he'll be right back.

Why is he being called to the principals office?

Katsuki gnaws at the inside of his cheek. Since when has he cared what others think go him? Scoffing, he rounds the corner and knocks thrice on the door. A muffled 'come in' and he swings the door open slowly, like it would prevent his impending doom from coming any quicker.

All Might and Mr. Aizawa loom ominously behind the principal's chair, the window behind them shadowing their faces from his view. Maybe they want to expel him. He did almost blow Gym Gamma's top off yesterday. He's an emotionally unstable hazard.

"Please, have a seat." Principal Nezu gestures at the uncomfortable looking seats on the opposite side of the desk. Moving stiffer than a robot, he sits.

Mr. Aizawa and All Might creep from the principal's desk to the other side, until they're standing directly in front of him. Katsuki eyes them wearily.

"Young Bakugou, we're worried about you," All Might places a heavy hand on Katsuki's shoulder. It burns.

He shies away, "I'm fine."

Mr. Aizawa sighs, probably out of frustration and hands over a small stack of multi-colored papers, "You failed every test in the past two weeks. Even in Math." Katsuki thumbs through the papers, math being the most recent. It's his best class, he knows he shouldn't be doing bad. But he's been...preoccupied, okay?

"I know you and Midoriya have a history," Mr. Aizawa rubs his back, "And I'm not completely sure what it is, but it's clear his absence has effected you a lot. Would you at least consider having a conversation with Hound Dog?"

Katsuki snorts. The guidance counselor that barely speaks? Please, who do they take him for?

Mr. Aizawa crosses his arms, "Bakugou, I'm serious."

"So am I. No." He replies stubbornly. His homeroom teacher sighs, and gives Principal Nezu and exhausted look.

"I told you he'd say no."

The mouse shrugs, "It was worth a try."

The ash blond narrows his eyes, "Can I leave now?"

Principal Nezu shakes his head. "Not yet. All Might?" He gestures at the retired hero, who nods dutifully.

"Right," and...All Might's hand is back on Katsuki's shoulder. He wants to bite it off, "Young Bakugou, Dabi has informed the teachers of All For One's new hiding place. He checked it out himself to confirm," Katsuki nods. Yeah, he fucking knows. He was there.

But of course, they don't know that. All Might continues, "We aren't wasting any time. The raid is tomorrow night. Now, you can come, but you must promise us that you won't let your emotions blind your judgement." Katsuki forces himself to ignore the flare in his chest when All Might talks to him like he's a damn child. He gnaws at the inside of his cheek. Can he promise that?

But he needs to see Deku. At least one more time, for closure. So Katsuki nods.

"Alright well, that'll be all!" All Might claps him on the back so hard it knocks the wind out of him. The ash blond rises to his feet and takes one final glance at Principal Nezu's desk before he leaves for good.

'Mystery boy saves ten year old child from burning building!'