47

Katsuki Bakugou: Origin

Katsuki's hands pop for the first time in preschool, and the rest of the kids form a circle around him, staring in awe.

"Whoa..."

"Awesome!"

Izuku's standing behind him, per usual. His voice stands out the most, "You're so lucky!" Is he lucky? Katsuki looks back down at the tiny fireworks going off in his palms.

His teachers tower behind him, smiling wide in fascination. "Impressive, I bet that's going to grow into an amazing quirk!" One of them says.

"Definitely. A flashy quirk for a future hero! It's perfect!" The other one cheers.

Perfect?

Something clicks in Katsuki's brain.

Yeah, they're right. He is amazing. In fact, he bets there's no one as great as he is!

"Wow, you're so awesome!" Izuku watches with round, glistening eyes as Katsuki dribbles the ball with his knee effortlessly. The greenette makes him feel like the coolest kid on the playground. Which he is.

Katsuki scoffs, "Whatever, this is nothing." Just wait until he becomes a hero and beats All Might. Then he'll really be the best.

Izuku tries, but kicks it straight into his forehead and falls on his butt. His mint green ball rolls out of reach, "O-ow!" He whimpers, a hand tucked into his inky green hair.

Katsuki snorts and the boy on his butt, "Geez Izuku, You really can't do anything right, can you?"

Katsuki lifts a pale yellow bucket, with Izuku's name written on it in black, "Look! You can read the last part of Izuku's name as Deku." He holds it out so all his friends can see. Next to him, Izuku's eyes light up with joy.

"Whoa, so you can read that?" One of the neighborhood kids say.

"Well obviously," Katsuki makes a 'duh' face. He's the best, why wouldn't he be able to read? "Deku..." he thinks aloud, "That must be what you call a loser who's completely useless." The neighborhood kids snicker under their breath as he shoots a condescending look at the younger.

The bright look the greenette's face falls, "Why're you being so mean, Kacchan?"

Katsuki skips the stone across the water, and it makes it farther than the rest of them. 7 times. He'd been practicing and it all payed off. He's the winner.

The neighborhood kids whoa behind him.

"Dude, that has to be a new record!"

Katsuki puts his hands on his hips, confident as ever, "I bet it is."

"Wow..."

"Cool!"

Deku's still staring out into the open water with that stupid, amazed look on his face. Like Katsuki hung the darn sun or something. Katsuki sneers, he bets Deku couldn't even do it half as well, "Where's yours?"

The greenette's excited fists droop, and so does his smile. "Um...well, uh...it sank." He explains embarrassingly. Katsuki and the neighborhood kids laugh. Deku really can't do anything right.

"Wow, you're so lucky! Your quirk is amazing, Kacchan!" Deku fawns behind him. Katsuki marches confidently with a fish net in hand, onward. Of course his quirk is amazing. He's amazing. "When I get mine, I hope it's just as cool!"