37

Game Day

Originally, Izuku was worried that Mei wouldn't be able to finish his costume in six hours, but she ended up doing it in five.

It fits perfectly, and looks exactly like it did on paper. Just how his mom drew it.

Adjusting the red belt around his waist, he takes a deep breath, and looks at Katsuki next to him. His hair looks paler in the moonlight.

"Alright villains, you're under arrest." Endeavour announces in the megaphone, heavy voice making his ribcage shake, "Come out peacefully, or we'll be forced to let ourselves inside." Izuku smiles, remembering when he was on the other side of that wall. Oh, how times have changed.

They're met with nothing but the cicadas in the trees, all the new heroes are vibrating with nervousness and excitement. Katsuki squeezes his hand twice.

Izuku's only a little worried about the new addition to his quirk. He hasn't had a chance to try it out...but he still doesn't feel any different, either. Maybe the transfer didn't work.

"It doesn't look like they're coming out, ribbit." Asui observes on his left. Deku shrugs. He doesn't even know what's taking them so long.

Todoroki hums in agreement, "In we go then?" The students turn to the pro heroes for instructions. They nod.

"Charge!" Heroes and police storm the rundown apartment. Izuku loses Katsuki in the chaos but it's alright, he'll find him later. Right now, they've got bigger fish to fry. He sees a familiar brunette running in front of him, so he speeds up to catch her.

"Uraraka! Hey!" Izuku waves. She returns the favor.

"This place is definitely bigger on the inside!" She yells over the sound of stomping feet. Once they enter, everyone quiets down when the villains are nowhere to be found, "Think they ran off?"

"No," Izuku shakes his head. All For One doesn't run, "My best guess is that they're still in here...somewhere."

The ground begins to rumble, and the duo cling against the wall as the cement under their feet ripple like angry waves. Debris starts to fall from the ceiling, "Is the building collapsing?!" Someone yells. Izuku shakes his head to himself. No, someone's underground.

A hole opens directly under Izuku's feet, and he tumbles into a rabbit hole of darkness.

It only takes a minute or two for his feet to finally touch solid ground, but he's submerged in pitch black. His feet tap the floor. It's cement, not hollow. A basement?

His hands ghost the wall for a light switch, but he finds none. Izuku curses under his breath. What's with him and fighting in the dark? Deeming his eyes useless, he closes them.

Then Izuku hears footsteps, a pair heavier than his own, "Who's there?" He yells into the darkness.

There's a sigh, "Izuku Midoriya," The greenette's frowns, he's never heard this voice before, "You picked the wrong time to switch sides." The footsteps are closer now, maybe a few yards away. The greenette steadies his voice to the best of his ability.

"What do you want?" He demands.

The villain tuts, "If I tell ya, you're not gonna like it," A few more steps, "Technically, I'm here to knock some sense into ya. But not until I get to play with ya a little, first." Izuku backs himself up until his back is flush against the wall.

"And if you end up dead? That's okay too. Now, show me your blood!" The lights flicker on, and Izuku's face to face with a...man covered in muscles? Izuku barely has time to block his face from a flying fist before he's pummeled through the cement wall behind him, and into a hallway. A white hot pain shoots up his arm, and the villain whines condescendingly.